Summer Thoughts on Summer

Summer Thoughts on Summer

How summer represents childhood.

4560
Summer Thoughts on Summer
Snapwiresnaps

Summer is a great experience that kinda sucks at the same time. It's kinda remarkable in that regard. A lot of things happen during summer, and a lot of things don't. It largely depends on what's happening in life at the moment.

The summer break happened because schools didn't have AC during the hotter months so children couldn't go without dangerous conditions. Funny how that detail caused the great notation of America summers. Summer is a integral part of childhood in America.

I'm in college and only have one last summer before the real world happens. I want this current summer to end because of the endless boredom, but when I “become” an adult, I'll miss the endless boredom and free time. It's the loss of childhood innocence and wonder. With the soon loss of summer, I can feel it dripping away from me.

Summer comes along with heat. The endless heat is maddeningly everywhere. It's a key part of summer at this point. I hate the heat with a burning passion, but there's something bittersweet about it. Maybe it's a Pavlov thing where the heat reminds me about the relaxation of summer. It's only getting hotter with global warming.

I don't know if I'm entirely looking forward to being an adult with extremely hot summers while working. Perhaps it might be balanced by other perks of being an adult. Making money is good, but also paying bills sounds like the worse thing in the world.

One more summer until I become a true adult with all the responsibilities and tribulations that come with it. Summer where endless freedom is possible and the only limit is, well, yourself. I'll miss it when it's gone. It will be nice, though, having something to do during summer. Kinda one of things that is lost. There's always the two weeks of paid vacation available.

The days used to go by so slow doing summer. Now they speed by like no one is paying any attention. It's a normal fact of life that life goes faster and faster until that abrupt end. I want the days to slow to a crawl, but don't think I could handle it. Summer is a fleeting dream to me.

Summers as a younger kid was so easy compared to the later summers. Back then it was about staying outside and not worrying about world events. Now it's seeing the constant terror attacks and the idiocy that calls itself the presidential race. You think the world would get better with time. It might be, but the news is so negative. It should be some kind of balance between the negativity and positivity of the world. Summer is possibly one of the best things about a kid. It's a bittersweet feeling as it goes away ever so slowly. But hey, it's a part of growing up