Tips For Making A Perfect Morning Smoothie

Take advantage of all the fresh fruit and vegetables during the summer season for a fresh addition to your smoothies

327

Smoothies are one of my favorite things to make for breakfast because they are quick and easy to take on the go in the morning on my way to work. Although I love smoothies in the morning, they're great after workouts any time of the day as well.

When making a smoothie for breakfast, try to keep it healthy! It can be tempting to add in some chocolate to that strawberry banana smoothie to make it a bit sweeter, or some whipped cream, but that makes it like a dessert. If you're craving something chocolate in your smoothie, add a little cocoa power or a drop of vanilla.

The base of your smoothie can sweeten your smoothie too. I frequently use coconut milk in my smoothies which is low in calories and adds a sweetness to green smoothies. Almond milk is another great base and also dairy free.

Speaking of green smoothies, don't be afraid to try them! I was so suspicious of the thought of spinach or kale ever in my smoothie and it took a while for me to finally try it. A smoothie place was serving samples of their green smoothie and I braved the jump to try it, and I loved it.

I have started to make some of my own green smoothies at home. One of my favorite combinations is mango, pineapple, spinach, and coconut milk. It also creates this amazing green color that also tastes amazing.

While it's the summer months, take advantage of local produce but frozen fruit is also a great option for some fruit that you can't always find, such as mango. Frozen fruit helps to make your smoothies the perfect cold temperature too.

Don't be afraid to switch up your smoothie combinations and test out your own recipes so you don't get tired of the same smoothie every day.