The best thing about summer is being able to relax and layout (or curl up) with a good book. Whether you do your summer pleasure reading on your back porch, in your sunroom, on a boat, or laying by the ocean, you have to make sure you're getting a good read.
For me, the time I get to myself to read is rare and precious, so I always try to make sure that every book I read will be one that I remember. If you add these books to your collection, you will love every moment you spend with them!
1. "Monsoon Mansion" by Cinelle Barnes
This memoir by an author who now resides in Charleston, SC will make your heart ache and make you smile as you follow a young girl through her life when she lives like a princess and her family's royal downfall. Even if you're not a "memoir person," you'll fall in love with Monsoon Mansion.
2. "Standard Deviation" by Katherine Heiny
A man gets divorced and remarried. His second wife wants to be friends with his first. Even though it sounds a bit like a Lifetime movie, you have to admit it's intriguing - and with good reason!
3. "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee
The prequel to the beloved classic "To Kill a Mockingbird" was published after the author's death in 2016 and has been loved by millions. What more could an avid reader ask for?
4. "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson
This one will make you think you're a psychopath, but that's okay because it's THRILLING (plus, Ronson will reassure you that you aren't in his journal that will have you hooked.) Even as a nonfiction collection of his experiences, The Psychopath Test will have you questioning everything you think you know about yourself and will probably explain a thing or two about some people in your life.
Your reading time is precious, especially during the few short months of summer. Take some time to pamper yourself with a book your friends haven't already read that will prove to be one of your new favorites!
- 25 Books All Black Women Should Read ›
- Top 5 Books to read during the summer ›
- 6 Reasons Why I have a Summer Reading List ›
- 10 Books You Should Make Sure To Add To Your Summer Reading ... ›
- 3 Perfect Summer Beach Reads ›
- 13 Perfect Summer Reads You Won't Want To Put Down ›
- 5 Books That Are Perfect Summer Reads ›
- 73 Books to Read While the Sun Is Out and the Days Are Long - The ... ›
- The 25 Best New Books for Summer 2018 - Beach Reads ›
- TODAY anchors share books for best summer reads - TODAY.com ›
- 40 Best Summer Reads 2018 - New Beach Books to Read Now ›
- Tonight Show Summer Reads ›
- Beach reads – Summer reading list 2018 - Washington Post ›
- 15 Best Summer Reads 2018 - Good Beach Books to Read This ... ›