4 Must-Read Summer Books
Seasonal

4 Books To Add To Your Summer Reading List (That Someone Else Hasn't Already Told You About)

Seriously, these are worth the read!

182
Ashleigh Hardwick

The best thing about summer is being able to relax and layout (or curl up) with a good book. Whether you do your summer pleasure reading on your back porch, in your sunroom, on a boat, or laying by the ocean, you have to make sure you're getting a good read.

For me, the time I get to myself to read is rare and precious, so I always try to make sure that every book I read will be one that I remember. If you add these books to your collection, you will love every moment you spend with them!

1. "Monsoon Mansion" by Cinelle Barnes

This memoir by an author who now resides in Charleston, SC will make your heart ache and make you smile as you follow a young girl through her life when she lives like a princess and her family's royal downfall. Even if you're not a "memoir person," you'll fall in love with Monsoon Mansion.

2. "Standard Deviation" by Katherine Heiny

A man gets divorced and remarried. His second wife wants to be friends with his first. Even though it sounds a bit like a Lifetime movie, you have to admit it's intriguing - and with good reason!

3. "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee

The prequel to the beloved classic "To Kill a Mockingbird" was published after the author's death in 2016 and has been loved by millions. What more could an avid reader ask for?

4. "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson

This one will make you think you're a psychopath, but that's okay because it's THRILLING (plus, Ronson will reassure you that you aren't in his journal that will have you hooked.) Even as a nonfiction collection of his experiences, The Psychopath Test will have you questioning everything you think you know about yourself and will probably explain a thing or two about some people in your life.

Your reading time is precious, especially during the few short months of summer. Take some time to pamper yourself with a book your friends haven't already read that will prove to be one of your new favorites!