6 Summer Must-Haves

6 Summer Must-Haves

Things you can’t make it through the summer without.

778
https://pixabay.com/photos/beach-bag-and-towel-summer-sun-2079846/
Summer is now upon us, and there's a few select things that are necessities for the hottest season of the year. This is my compiled list of must-haves to make your summer the best and safest one yet!

1. Sunglasses

Sunglasses can completely change up your summer look. Colored or mirrored lenses and fun frames can put a cool spin on anything you have going on. And eye safety is a huge priority in the summer, especially in mid-afternoon when the UV rays are strongest. They’re a bit more pricey, but opting for polarized lenses reduces glare and offers better eye protection.

2. Sunscreen

Again, another safety precaution. Melanoma is no joke, and, personally, I think a tan looks and feels a lot better than a sunburn. Load up on the SPF before heading outdoors to give your skin the TLC it needs!

3. A killer playlist

Whether you’re lounging by the pool, hanging out on the beach, hosting a barbecue, or just driving around town, you’re going to need a great playlist for any occasion. I recommend making a few, each with a different vibe, so you’re prepared for any situation!

4. A waterproof speaker 

What’s the point in having great playlists if no one can enjoy them? Investing in a waterproof speaker will ensure that you can play some great tunes without risk of water damage. I recommend a JBL, the sound quality is great!

5. A great book

Summer is usually the time when people catch up on reading. I recommend making a list of books you’ve been meaning to read and going over to Amazon or your local library.

6. An insulated water bottle

It’s so easy to get dehydrated, especially when you’re so wrapped up in your summer activities. Carrying around an insulated water bottle will keep your water cold for hours while reminding you to drink. S’well or Yeti bottles are great, and come in a variety of sizes!