Living on Long Island during the summer is perhaps one of the greatest blessings there is in life. With beaches just a short drive away and the countless happenings every day, there is something to do every day of summer vacation.
In case you're having a hard time trying to plan your summer days, here are 30 things you must do before Labor Day weekend approaches:
1. Visit the beaches on the North Shore and the South Shore.
2. Take a trip out east to the wineries.
3. Grab some Italian ices from Ralph's.
4. Cool off at Splish Splash.
5. Go hiking on some of the beautiful trails throughout the island.
6. See a concert at Jones Beach.
7. Visit a local farmer's market or farmstand.
8. Visit the Long Island Aquarium.
9. Go fresh fruit and vegetable picking.
10. Take a road trip out to Montauk to see the lighthouse and enjoy the beaches.
11. Attend an outdoor concert at a beach or park.
12. Go to Fire Island for the day.
13. Take a day trip to New York City.
14. Hop on a ferry to Connecticut.
15. Get some fresh lobster or fish for dinner.
16. Go mini-golfing.
17. Watch the sunset on a beach.
18. Try out surfing.
19. Check out the Old Westbury Gardens.
20. Visit Sweetbriar Nature Center or the Holtsville Ecology Center.
21. Take a stroll through Avalon Park and the duck pond.
22. See a Long Island Ducks game.
23. Chase down a Mr. Softee truck.
24. Catch some thrills at Adventureland Park.
25. Test your skills at an Escape Room.
26. Grab your fancy hat and head to Belmont Park.
27. Hang with the "elite" in the Hamptons.
28. Shop till you drop at the Tanger Outlets.
29. Go camping at one of the many beautiful state parks.
30. Take a stroll through downtown Port Jeff or Greenport Village.