Ten Ways To Get The Most Out Of Your Summer Days

Fun and adventure from June to September.

11
Becca

Attribution: Becca Haviland

Ever since I was a little kid I just couldn’t wait to grow up. The very idea of becoming an adult appeared so exciting and glamorous. But now that I’m about to become a junior in college, I don't mind at all if time does slow down just a little. Being half way through college is something that is fast paced, challenging and exciting all at the same time. Year after year you hear about people graduating college, going into the adult world and settling into their first apartment. It all seems so wonderful but you’ll never know until it happens to you. I personally am excited, yet scared to enter the adult world. Time will tell how things will pan out for me but for right now I am just going to enjoy my third summer before college.

One thing I plan to do for sure is to document my adventures so I’ll have plenty of photos to remember all the great times I had. That’s something to keep in mind as you embark on your own summer adventures. While writing this article, I couldn’t help but think about how important it is to make the most of every day. I want to enjoy every moment and make the most of the summer. But it gets hard when I work all day and don’t have that extra energy I need to hang out with friends and do other things I enjoy. I know now that I just have to pace myself.

Also, if it is at all possible, try to spend quality time with family because you only have a couple of months until you wont see them for a while. I would love to try new things and just relax at the beach all summer, but I understand there are no rights without responsibility. Some people think they always have to be busy, traveling and doing things to show they had a good summer, but I’m here to say that its okay if you are back in your home town just relaxing. You will be busy enough when you return to school. Why not just chill for a little while?

Although I still have five days until work ends, it will be bittersweet when it finally does. I’ve met new people, used my creative skills, and earned money at the same time! But I know I will be happy to finally have a stretch of free time. Summer should be about you and things that make you happy! Someday I will turn my own personal clock back and re-live those moments just one more time. Here is a list of ten things you should add to your summer to do list to get the most out of your last summer days:

1.Try to get out at least once a day even if it's just to go for a run or get coffee.

2. Make time for friends, even if you don’t think you have the time, it's important.

3.Go on a road trip – it will broaden your horizons.

4.Soak up the sun, but don’t forget the sunblock!

5.Take time to self reflect and think about the things that really matter in your life.

6.Stay in touch with college friends

7.Try new things.

8.Treat yourself, splurge on those new pair of shoes.

9. Read a good book.

10. Paint – it is relaxing and a perfect stress reliever after a long day/ week of work.

Summer can be an awesome experience! Hope yours is the best ever!