Summer Loving, Had Me A Blast

Summer Loving, Had Me A Blast

Summer Loving, Happened So Fast

273
Summer Loving, Had Me A Blast
Grease

Summer lovin' had me a blast! Summer lovin' happened so fast! Even if you've never seen Grease, you've almost certainly heard those words in Danny and Sandy's iconic duet, Summer Nights. And while the movie might be from the 70's, the words still ring pretty freaking true.

Summer love is a good kind of love. You're home from college for three months, stuck back in your hometown while most of your school friends are stuck in their hometowns far, far away. Whether or not you have a summer job, or three, to take up some of your time and make some money, you're still going to have an abundance of empty hours to fill. And while I know Netflix binge-watching with your pet is a super fun pass time, why limit yourself? Summer is a chance to meet a boy somewhere other than a frat house or your campus's grimy dining hall. Take a chance on that cute boy you work with and suddenly you have a whole new way to spend your time.

If you're not looking for a relationship, fling away because when you pack up your car and drive four and a half hours back to college, the boy you met mid July will most likely not be what's on your mind. And you don't have to worry about being on his. He'll drive back to his school and maybe you'll snapchat every once in a while or hang out when you're both home on breaks, but other than that you'll be busy with your schoolwork, and your BFFs from school that you missed terribly.

Summer flings get a bad rap because they're often confused with mindless hooking up, but a true summer fling, in the Danny and Sandy fashion, can be more than just getting down in the sand. You get to know and spend time with someone without having to either stay together forever or break up, because you don't break up with your summer fling. The fling ends, just like the season does. And less pressure means less stress which means more fun all around. And on the off chance things end on a pretty bad note, there's no guarantee you'll have to see them again next summer, and in the meantime there'll be hundreds of miles in between.