summer job college student

9 Quick And Easy Summer Jobs For College Students

It's summer, which means it is time to build your resume.

152
push lawnmower

Summer is upon us, and that means sun, fun, and looking for ways to build your resume. Some of these jobs can be done from the comfort of your home, and others can pay extremely well. None of these are in a particular order.

1. Freelance graphic designer

If you are good with design and know your way around Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, this job might be for you. You can set your own hourly rate, your own hours, and spend time doing something you love, designing. There will always be a need for graphic designers. If you are serious about becoming a freelance graphic designer, there are a few websites you use to look for work! Search on Google "freelance graphic design websites," and a few should pop up.

2. Nanny

If corralling children is something you are good at, being a nanny might be right for you. Busy parents with kids out of school for the summer may be willing to handsomely pay. This job is perfect for students who want to be a teacher, physical therapist, or even doctor, because having experience with children is always a good skill to put on a resume.

3. Waiter

Waiting tables can be tricky, because you will sometimes have to deal with picky and/or rude customers, but the tips can pay really well. A lot of actors started their career journey waiting tables, so who knows, maybe you can be the next Chris Pratt. Another good alternative to this would be bartending!

4. Mow lawns

If you have the equipment and don't mind being out in the heat all day, starting a mowing business can make you a ton of money, and people usually pay in cash too. As far as resume building goes, you can put down that you started your own business. Plus, you can get a sweet tan.

5. Intern

One of the best ways to gain job experiencing is to intern at a real company. Some internships are paid, some aren't, but you will gain valuable experience by interning in a field you would eventually like to work in. Sometimes, the company you intern for will even offer you a job after college!

6. Freelance writer

For students who want to be a journalist or other similar job, being a freelance writer can be a valuable. You will get paid to write articles, which is super cool if you love writing! You'll also learn how to be concise and to edit. Just like freelance graphic design, you can set your own hours.

7. Start an online store or Etsy shop

For creative individuals, making products and selling them is a good way to turn a hobby into a money maker. Are you good at embroidery, jewelry making, calligraphy, or knitting? Selling your products online might be a good thing for you to do. You can set your own hours and are your own boss.

8. Be a brand ambassador

Some brand ambassadors for certain companies make commission on each item they sell with their unique code, and you typically don't have to work at all, other than posting about the brand on social media. This job is perfect for students who don't want a job, but still want money.

9. Camp counselor

Relive your favorite childhood summer memories and become a camp counselor! If you attended a summer camp as a kid, check and see if they are hiring any counselors. Churches might also need people to help with their camps. This is a fun way to make a little extra cash, but it can also be stressful being in charge of a group of kids. Overall, being a camp counselor takes lots of work, but it can be rewarding.