A Summer For The Books

A Summer For The Books

Actually that book that turned into movie that I never read beforehand, so I automatically think the movie is way better and refuse to think differently.

9
A Summer For The Books

It’s finals week in May, and you are divulging your summer plans with you friends. You are mentally preparing yourself for the excitement and adventure you are about to endure, making known of how awesome your summer will be to anyone and everyone.

Now fast forward to August. It’s two weeks until you go back and you look at everything you did this summer: work, Netflix, eat, tanned (slightly). Repeat.

You planned for this summer to be so much more, but nothing much came of it. I mean you met up with a few friends this summer that made it worthwhile, but all you will be bragging about when you get back to school is how many episodes of "Gossip Girl" you finished in a weekend (two and a half seasons worth).

You think to yourself, “there are two weeks left, I’ve got plenty of time.” But then you realize you just re-started "One Tree Hill" for the third time so is there really anything more important right now then watching the same plot again? Nope, I think I’ll just stay here in bed.

So now when you head back and everyone is radiant with their new summer glows and highlights, talking about their awesome summer with awesome parties and awesome vacations, you look at them and explain your lack of tan and highlight and explain how you were just preparing yourself for fall, letting your tan fade before everyone hops on that train. You started the pale trend, own it.

Don’t be ashamed of how emotionally attached you became to Chuck and Blair or Nathan and Haley, because like some of your friends who are still hung up on their summer romances and recent break ups because of long distance, you know that your new attachment is forever. You’ve already seen the outcome.

So when you look back on summer, be happy that you did nothing. You won’t be missing it much when you are spending late nights at the library, because you can always revisit your vacation destination from anywhere on campus; it’s just a URL away.