Summer Bucket-List: South Haven Edition

Summer Bucket-List: South Haven Edition

Top 12 things to do in South Haven.

5906
Summer Bucket-List: South Haven Edition
southhavenresort.com

There is no better place to spend Summer than in South Haven. Whether you are a tourist or a local you will never be bored in this little slice of paradise. For those of you wanting to explore the town and live like a true Michigander than check out this South Haven Summer Bucket List.

1. Climb the dunes

Climbing the dunes is a must in South Haven. The State Park is a beautiful place to spend time with family and friends and It has some of the best dunes in Michigan. The walk up may be tiring, but the view and run down is more than worth it.

2. Go paddle-boarding

This is by far one of my favorite things to do in South Haven. Whether you are by yourself or with a friend there is no better way to spend your time than to go paddle-boarding on the lake. If you don't own a board, then no worries, you can rent them for fair prices at either Outpost Sports or SoHa Surf Shop.

3. Eat Sherman's Ice cream

There is a reason why Sherman's ice-cream is famous in South Haven. Not only is it made right here in town, but it is DELICIOUS. With dozens of unique favors, Sherman's, is one place every ice-cream lover should go. Due to its popularity this ice-cream is sold in multiple places around town such as, the beach concession stands, North Side Memories and the downtown restaurant, Captain Nemos, which also sells their own homemade waffle cones.

4. Watch the sunset

This one goes without saying, but how could i not mention it? If you have yet to experience watching a sunset in Michigan, then South Haven is simply the perfect place to do so.

5. Go to the Blueberry Festival

Displaying IMG_1970.JPG

If there is one thing you should know about South Haven is that it is a blueberry town. Every year this is celebrated by the community with the Blueberry Festival. The Blueberry Festival includes music, games and of course lots of blueberries! Not only is it a festival of fun, but it is the one place where you can stuff your face with blueberry pie and be congratulated for it.

6. Eat at Clementine's

If you are looking for a great place to eat in South Haven, you can't go wrong with Clementine's. This restaurant is steeped in South Haven's history and is famous for their delicious onion rings.

7. Run/Bike on the Kal-Haven Trail

The Kal-Haven is a beautiful running and biking trail perfect for anyone looking to exercise and spend some time surrounded by nature.

8. Go to the Farmers Market

From fresh locally grown produce to clothing and art, the farmers market is a unique and happy place to be. Open from 8-2 on Wednesdays and Saturdays, Its a South Haven cant miss. Check out all the unique things the community has to offer!

9. Walk Downtown

With dozens of unique local shops and businesses, downtown South Haven is a awesome place to shop, meet people, and spend time.

10. Camp at the State Park

Roast some marshmallows and enjoy the outdoors at South Haven's state park camp grounds. With good prices and beautiful spaces theres no better way to enjoy nature and have fun with the company of your friends and family.

11. Pick Blueberries/Strawberries

Trust me when I say, blueberries and strawberries taste much more sweeter when you've picked them yourself. Not only is it fun to pick and choose your favorite produce, but its a great outdoor activity to do with the whole family. There are many great U-Pick blueberry and strawberry places in South Haven to choose from such as Joes Blues, Holtzman Farms, DeGrandchamps, JA-DE'S Blueberries, True Blue, etc.

12. Walk the Pier

The pier is the heart of South Haven. Whether in the morning or evening, any time is a good time to walk down to the lighthouse and enjoy the view.