Summer Bucket List

9 Adventurous Ideas For Your Ultimate Summer Bucket List

Grab a notebook, it's time to plan for summer!

31
Emma Matthews - Unsplash

With school projects and papers beginning to wrap up, it's time to start dreaming about what summer goals you may have. I have started to keep a list with me, so that when I think of something, I can write it down quickly. These are a few items that I have decided to try and accomplish, and hopefully they will spark interest with you as well!

1. Hammocking

Finding time to relax is what summer is all about. Hammocking is a great way to get out in nature and take a nap or hangout with friends! If you're feeling really adventurous, you can always hammock camp (aka sleeping in your hammock outside).

2. Day trips

Experience something new! Day trips are a great way to be spontaneous in your summer. Or have them planned out! Bringing friends along to create new memories together is always a great idea. Broaden your horizons a little bit and go visit that place you've always meant to drive by!

3. Walks and hikes

Don't forget to stop and smell the roses! Spending more time outside exploring is something that I need to do. If you are living on campus during the summer, take the time to just stroll around and notice things that you hadn't before. Or go to a nearby park in your hometown and look at it from a new perspective. With fresh eyes, you'll be able to appreciate the little things a bit more, and it can become a relaxing activity as well as a great way to get your steps in for the day.

4. Baking

Since I will be moving into an apartment this summer and out of the dorm, I am excited to spend more time baking. Make food for friends or co-workers with spare time, so that they can enjoy the fruits of your hard work as well! It also gives you another reason to binge just one more season of "The Great British Baking Show."

5. Get totally way too involved in "The Bachelorette"

You know it's coming — it will give you an excuse to plan parties, make foods, and hang out with friends. You might get too involved, but it's summer so who cares?

6. Redecorate your room like 5 times

A way to bring creativity into your summer, as well as combat boredom, is to redecorate your room. This is my go-to for hot days when I don't want to go outside. Also going through your stuff can help to decide what needs to be thrown or given away — this lends itself to a Goodwill trip!

7. Sketching

Sketching can be a way to be more observational and become more aware. It will also help to get your creative juices flowing! It is a way to just slow down and be present. Since I am an architecture student, it is also a skill that I need to work on daily.

8. Reading

Spend time reading daily. Use it as an outdoor activity or at night instead of Netflix. Since I will be living in a different town this summer, I have made it a goal to gain a library card at my local library and explore.

9. Farmers market

Not only are farmer's markets fun to explore, but they will entice you to buy and eat more fruits and veggies. You can see what is truly in season, in comparison with having all fruits and vegetables available all the time. Supporting local business is always a good idea as well!

By adding these activities into my schedule this summer, I am hoping to find more time to relax and refine my way of living more intentionally. If these ideas sparked anything within you, try and make it a goal to bring it into spring with you. If not, maybe this will just spark more daydreams during class of all the summer fun you have planned!