10 Bible Verses For Every Cowboy To Live By

Remember the big boss in the sky. .

17030
Dalle Rutledge

As cowboys and cowgirls I know that we are a rough and rowdy crowd.

We are sinners caked in dust and sweat that smell like horses and cowpie. We cuss at cattle and have been known to drink and fight sometimes, but we are still God's children. We were put on this earth by him to take care of bovine and make horses and dogs useful.

So here are 10 Bible Verses for The Cowboy to Live By, translated down to a more realistic approach for our way of life:

1. John 13:35

By this all men will know that you ride for me, if you take care and love one another.

2. Colossions 3:23

Whatever you do, do with all your heart, riding for the Lord and not for men.

3. Matthew 5:13-16

You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden, neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it in the house, so it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way let your light shine before others so that they may see your good deeds and praise Father in heaven.

4. Psalm 20:7

Some boast in chariots, and some boast in horses, but we shall boast in the name of the Lord our God.

5. Revelation 19:11

And I saw the heavens opened and behold a white horse, he who sat on it is called faithful and True. And in righteousness he judges and wages war.

6. Psalm 50:10

For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle of a thousand hills.

7. Psalm 104:14

He causes the grass to grow for the cattle and vegetation for the service of man, that he may bring forth food from the earth.

8. Romans 5:1-4

By entering through faith into what God has always wanted to do for us—set us right with him, make us fit for him—we have it all together with God because of our Master Jesus. And that’s not all: We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that he has already thrown open his door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand—out in the wide open spaces of God’s grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise.

9. 2 Timothy 2:11-13

Here is a trustworthy saying:

If we died with him, we also live with him. If we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us. If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

10. Isaiah 57:10

You were wearied by your ways, but you would not say it is hopeless. You found renewal in your strength so you did not fall.