8 Summer Break Activities

Now That It's Summer Break, Grab Your Sunnies And Start In On These 8 To-Dos

Get to the beach!

511
Summer

The very anticipated summer break is finally among us! Warm, long, sunny days with friends and family are here! No more submission deadlines, essay, exams, or lectures. But with all this free time, what is there to do? If you're like a lot of young adults, you probably feel the need to soak up every moment of the summer or you feel as if it would be wasted time. Here are some ideas for you to enjoy your much-needed free time!

Get a part time job

With all this time now on your hands, why not get a part-time job to make some pocket money? The summer can be expensive, especially when you go out a lot, so try to get a local job in your town! There are open part-time seasonal jobs or just places that need an extra hand during the busy summer months. Your part-time job doesn't have to be a burden on your summer break. You can have a small amount of hours and still have time to enjoy the summer outside of your job. Even just 15 hours a week is great to make some money. And you don't have to spend every cent you make. Put some money aside for your savings. No matter the job you get, a part-time summer job is great to learn new responsibilities, make money, and even put on a future resume!

Plan a beach day (or a few)

The beach seems like an obvious place to spend time at, but many people don't plan their trips to the beach, resulting in missing out on beautiful days or just sleeping the day away. Get a friend or a few to come to beach with you on a designated day. Plan ahead so everyone's work schedules coordinate. The beach is such a wonderful place to relax and get some vitamin D. You can even buy a body board or a small surfboard to enjoy the waves and ocean with. Salt water is great to clear up any acne and you get a fun workout in. If you do turn out to be working during the day, try to go to the beach later on and enjoy the sunset! Bring a Bluetooth speaker, a blanket, and some friends to view the sunset on the water with. The beach is such a great place to spend the summer and you do not want to overlook going.

Rent jet skis

If you live near a bay, jet skiing is a great activity to do! Not everyone owns a jet ski, so renting one for the day or a few hours is a very good option. It's a great way to spend some time in the water and you can even bring some family or friends with you. Make sure to wear sunscreen, though. You most likely will be exposed to a lot of sun while you jet ski around. Jet ski rentals can be pricey, but with your part-time job, you can put some money aside for activities like this. This is a very fun activity that gets you in the water and lets you spend time with some friends.

See some movies

Outdoor activities aren't for everyone. If this is you, then you should consider going to the movie theater! There are many new and great movies that are coming out during the summer months that you can enjoy. If you're trying to save some money, Netflix is always a viable option for many people! Find a movie you have never seen before, pop some popcorn, and invite a friend or two. You can even enjoy the movie by yourself. If possible, you can make your movie night a big event by borrowing an outdoor projector and inviting some friends over. This is very fun in the summer when the nights are warmer than usual. The outdoor projector can make your indoor event an outdoor activity that you can enjoy by yourself or with some friends.

Plan a trip

If you have enough money put aside from your part-time job, you can enjoy an end of summer getaway! It doesn't have to be anything huge or too expensive. Many trip planning sites have hotel and plane packages for a very good deal. Get your family involved or call up a few friends. If planes are not your thing, a trip into the city to see a show or even going out east on Long Island is a feasible option.

Read some books

The summer is a great time to read books. Whether you are reading while you're tanning or while you're in your bed at night, reading is a great activity that is inexpensive. You can improve on your mindset by reading some self help books or jump back in time with some historical books. If you have a public library near you, you can check out many books at once and try out a variety of genres. No matter what way you receive your books, reading is such a great activity, especially in the summer.

Be mindful

With all the time on your hands in the summer, it's a great opportunity to work on yourself. Try meditation, yoga, and learn some new coping mechanisms. Coloring and listening to music is a great way to focus your energy into something that's creative. Go for walks around your neighborhood and really listen to the birds and enjoy nature. Walking is a great activity to do to get some exercise in and keep your mind off things. Meditation can be done right inside your own house. With YouTube, there are an abundance of guided and unguided meditation videos. There are even apps that are focused solely around mediation. The summer isn't just about getting in shape physically, it's about your mental health, as well.

Enjoy yourself

The summer is all about you enjoying your time off. Whether it be going to the beach, spending time with friends, watching movies, or just sleeping in, remember to enjoy yourself. Do the things that make you happy and keep yourself healthy. The summer is yours. Now go and enjoy it!