How to make a Successful Live Broadcast
News

How to make a Successful Live Broadcast

Successful Live Broadcast

34
Successful Live Broadcast
https://blog.be.live/sd-vs-hd-live-streaming/

Video has great power in marketing and this is no longer a novelty. It is something that we have been seeing for some time and it was already expected that this format would be consolidated from 2020 onwards.

Indeed, this is what happened. Live streaming boosted even more than expected due to the pandemic. All the main social networks allow live videos to be broadcast and users have widely accepted this. Hootsuite notes that these videos have 6 times more interactions than normal videos on Facebook.

On the other hand, Cisco maintains that two-thirds of internet traffic comes from videos. And of that, 20% comes through live videos.

Among the benefits of learning how to do a successful live broadcast we find:

• They generate greater engagement.
  • Real-time communication with the audience.
  • Increase organic reach on social media.
  • It allows the brand to go directly to where the customers are.

Users like this content because it conveys a more realistic, closer image and provides greater interaction. But to achieve the objectives it must be of quality. If it doesn't look or sound good, or the content isn't relevant, you won't get it.

What do I need to stream?

Although it may seem complicated, streaming a live video doesn't have to be. With a Smartphone it is possible to achieve good content, but you will need at least a couple of other elements, such as a microphone and good lighting.

If you want to increase the quality of the transmission you will have to invest more in high-tech equipment. But if you have a limited budget and little experience you can start with the basic equipment. Later you can add other elements if necessary.

The technical elements to record live videos are:

• A camera that can be that of your Smartphone, but a webcam or a professional camera also works.
  • For audio you will need a microphone. The one with the headphones is sufficient if you are alone while streaming. But if you are accompanied, it is better to use an external one.
  • A good source of illumination so that the image is distinguished well. Test the location to avoid creating annoying shadows. The most appropriate thing is that the people who will appear on the screen are facing the light.
  • You will also need an encoder to digitize the signal from the camera and distribute it over the internet. This is when you are not using your mobile.
  • You must also have a host to upload the content. If you do it on Facebook live, the host will be this platform. There are also external services available that allow you to upload the video and from there distribute it to social networks or the web.

Test before you start streaming

Before starting the event, test the equipment and record in the same place where you are going to broadcast. The idea is that you familiarize yourself with everything and know the environment in which you are going to be.

By doing these tests you will be in time to correct errors and make the changes that are necessary for the day of the transmission.

If it is not possible to be in the same environment, at least look for ones that are as similar as possible.

Another condition to ensure a successful live broadcast is the internet connection. You need a high-quality wi-fi signal, to know if the one you have works for you, test the connection speed.

With 10MB of upload speed, you can make a successful live event. If you are doing it from your mobile, connect it to WiFi and if it is for exclusive use, better. Remember that the more computers are connected, the slower it will get.

If you use a desktop or laptop computer, it is preferable to connect it directly to the modem.

When you decide to start a live, make sure you are connected to a reliable network (4G or Wi-Fi). In this way you will transmit content in high definition and it will be difficult for the stream to freeze. In case it does, don't panic: the app will pause and restart everything as soon as it finds a stable flow. Click here for more info on the difference between SD (Stand Definition) and HD streaming.

During a live broadcast, avoid using equipment you just bought or programs that you are not familiar with. Try everything in advance.

How to make a successful live broadcast

Having the equipment is one thing. Planning ahead is essential. Although a live stream seems to be unspontaneous content and you don't know what will happen during it, it does not mean that you are going to leave everything to chance.

Plan each step. Even ask yourself if it is necessary to make a live video or if it is better to offer that content in another format. And define what will be the platform that you will use to transmit your message.

You must know well how the platform works where you are going to broadcast the live videos. So you can configure it according to your needs and avoid making mistakes during the broadcast. Also familiarize yourself with the equipment you are going to use.

You have to decide the topic and how to convey it; for example, if it will be through an interview or you want the public to "attend" an event of your brand. You also have to choose the day and time.

Organize a script with the points that you will talk about during the live. It will serve as a support in case you are left blank, but do not use it to read all the content. This takes away from the naturalness and gives the impression that you are not clear about what you are talking about.

Live videos will be very useful within your online marketing strategy if you take care of how you do the whole process.

Promotion as part of planning

Part of knowing how to stream involves promoting the event. What good is it to start broadcasting live if no one knows you will?

Therefore, you must inform the audience in advance that you are going to do a live show. Do it through social networks. Dedicate a post to the event a few days in advance and then leave reminders.

In your blog, you can also dedicate a post in which you inform about the activity and place the links of the profiles where you'll go live. Add a pop-up window with a countdown to indicate how long until the event.