Success-Struck

Success-Struck

"The only thing I did to get here is put the work in" -Drake

15
Success-Struck
VSB Media

There comes a point in everyone's life where they stop to wonder “If I met Drake, would I immediately drop dead?”

Being star-struck is a really interesting idea to me. What is it about these humans that make people really lose their shit over them? Is is how they look? Because I’ve seen some damn good-looking regular people. Or maybe it’s their net worth? That one is more probable. If you really think in depth about what strikes you about these stars, it’s really their success. The idea that someone on this planet has had so much success(usually before the age of 30 if we’re talking pop culture) in their life that they have a following and this following includes you. Be it Instagram posts, tweets or even live updates on where said celebrity is at any given time, you care and you care a lot. And what makes us all care is that they are so successful that we want to be just like them.

Now, the oxymoron of “unbelievable success” is that someone has it, it is perfectly believable and there are thousands of people living this lavish lifestyle that we all hope and dream of, but what did they do that we haven't done to try to get there? The answer to that is simply, they put the work in. Don't get me wrong, they have connections and pull and this and that, but once upon a time they were just like us. Almost every celebrity, with the exception of Zoe Kravitz types that have famous parents paired with their own talent, started in the same spot, if not lower, than most of us “normal” people. The subtle but telling difference between fame, fortune, and middle class is motivation and work, believe it or not. Once again don't get it twisted, I don't claim to have any such fame or even close to fortune, but I do have goals and that's honestly more than what a lot of people have. After goals comes a plan, and then execution. I think most people stop at the plan and wait for execution to come to them but that's not reality, and that's not what makes a profit.

The other difficult thing you need it drive and motivation. Without motivation, you’ll never even get started, and without drive, your first failure will be the end of your execution. The most successful people on earth have been shut down, told they would never be successful, and have had a few, if not a lot, of failures. There will always be people who want to see you fail, but these people are the ones who will never succeed. Embrace the hate because there will always, no matter what, be a hateful entity in your life, wishing to drag you down to their sad level but if you know you can be great, you will be. And your greatness is not defined by the opinion of sub-par people.

Probably the biggest point that can be made is that success isn’t just monetary. There are a lot of “successful” people that probably hate themselves and their lives even though they have all the money and fame and fans, but there are a lot more who are filled with joy and pride knowing they are self-made and put the work in to get where they are today and that is what should be looked up to. At the end of the day meeting any celebrity is dope and fun but meeting one who is grateful that you’re a fan because they know they made that for themselves is way better, to me at least.

Maybe this motivated you or maybe it didn't and you couldn’t care less about my opinion, but at least you read it, and that’s my kind of success.