Suburbia: A Photo Diary

Suburbia: A Photo Diary

The suburbs or their inhabitants viewed collectively.

12
Suburbia: A Photo Diary
Katiee McKinstry

It's unseasonably warm in this suburban winter evening. The town is quite, still and refreshing. As we walk around, we find the beautiful in the ordinary. Camera in hand, we take photograph after photograph of each other, capturing the alluring qualities of our closest friends. With the new year before us, we belong to a euphoric state of mind, as we stand against brick walls and walk down the small-town suburban streets.

We are infinite.

As the soundtrack to Hamilton fuels our car rides, and long talks over coffee are our natural state, we join the evening glow of this tiny town's warmer winter night.

The holiday's may be ending, but our journey is just beginning, as our friendships grow and our hearts are full.

We may miss the city, miss our small mountain towns, but suburbia has presented us with a canvas. This canvas is ours to create, to make beautiful.

One by one, we pose. We laugh. We smile and create. I can not imagine my life without these spectacular friendships.

We sip coffee and begin conversations to make up for lost time. We laugh and discuss the future and what is to come. These friends of mine, I am forever grateful for these talks and the ability to capture these moments together.

So, we take these photos and we walk together. We enjoy what's left of these last nights in suburbia before we venture back home.

A stillness in the air, as the after holiday-days seems to float by.

To glance up and see the moon, in the brisk evening glow.

suburbia (n): the suburbs or their inhabitants viewed collectively.

All photos are credited to: me (Katiee McKinstry) and my friends Jonas Barron and Lindsay Thomaston.