A Letter To Students Studying Abroad

A Letter To Students Studying Abroad

You have miles and miles of adventure out there calling your name.

7
A Letter To Students Studying Abroad

So, the time has come and you are about to venture off into the world all alone. It's a very scary concept, but an intriguing one. Your school is allowing you to emerge yourself in different cultures while learning and growing as a person. Who wouldn't want to jump on this opportunity? The excitement is overwhelming and all you can think about are all the places you want to visit. All the places you only see in movies or books. All the places you never thought could be real. You immediately apply and don't think twice about anything else. Not about the money. Not about the fact that you'll be away for 4 months. All you focus on is experiencing a whole new world.

The semester is almost over. Abroad is creeping up on you and you feel like you're not ready. How could it be coming this soon? We just moved back to school 2 weeks ago? Where is the time going? You start panicking and it all becomes more real. You re going abroad. You are about to be in another country for 4 months without your parents. You are going to be surrounded by another language. You are going to be a foreigner. The level of uncomfortableness is higher than ever before. You're not ready.

But maybe you are ready? You have prepared for this. You didn't think at the moment, but it's something you have thought about for a long time. You know you're going to be OK. You know you have a big support system. You know you have resources. You know it's going to be life-changing and amazing. You know it is going to be worth it. It may be hard to come to terms with as it gets closer—leaving your family and friends, being in a different environment, but it is going to happen, and it is going to be the best 4 months of your life. Don't let your fears hold you back or make you hate the fact that you're leaving. Don't let it ruin the experience or make you upset. You know, deep down, that you are about to experience the best 4 months of maybe your entire life.