Study Tips for Finals Week Every Student Needs

Tips on how to ensure you do your best!

10

Ah, Finals Week-- the scariest and most stressful week for any college student. Whether you're barely passing or a straight A student, chances are you're about to emotionally explode either way. We can't concentrate as well, we scramble and cram as much information as we can and we pray it's enough for the test. Unfortunately, this method doesn't work that well for college finals. Productive study habits are an essential part of passing (and surviving) finals week; Without them, you won't do as well as you want. Since everyone is different and comprehends information differently, there are plenty of different styles and methods the cater to everyone below! Good luck on your exams and may the curve be ever in your favor!

1. Flash cards.

An old trick but it really works for memorizing terms, events and ideas. Even if you don't want to buy flashcards, there are plenty of online tools you can use to replace them!

2. Handwrite a study guide.

Sometimes handwriting a guide or rewriting notes helps you remember information better. Try it!

3. Reread important chapters and highlight the key ideas or terms.

As boring and as time consuming as it can be, highlighting terms back in your chapters and color coating the information can help sort your brain a lot, especially when it comes to memorizing.

4. Study with classmates.

Sometimes working with your classmates can spark new ideas that can help you on your exam. Ask for their numbers or create a group me with people that sit near you in class. You could all help each other out!

5. For Math classes, see if your school has a math center.

Math, personally, is one of my hardest subjects in school, as it is with many other students. No need to fear, most schools recognize its a tough course for us, so plenty offer help. Take a look and ask what your school offers, because they are there to help!

6. Meet with your professor for study tips.

It doesn't hurt to ask your professor for additional help if needed. Although some professors may not help, there are still some that might (or ask your TAs if you have any).

7. Make time to relax and sleep enough.

Enough said. Get some sleep and give yourself a break. Stay healthy and don't overwork yourself!