Fun Study Break Ideas For Stressed College Students
Education

Things To Do When You Need A Break From Stu-DYING

You've been rereading that paragraph for the past five minutes and your eyes are glazed over, it's time to put down the textbook.

114

College students are kind of known for having lots of homework. Sure, we spend a lot less time actually in class, but all the extra free time we usually get sucked into our studies. But it's important to make time to relax and take care of yourself too.

So, here are some activities to do when you've been studying excessively and really need a break:

1. Take A Nap. 

Your eyes are burning because you've been staring at that book or computer screen for the past three hours. Don't sleep the whole day away, but a one hour nap is a really great way to recharge.

2. Find A Show To Get Lost In. 

When your brain has been working like crazy to process all the information you're studying, it can be nice to take a break by watching some TV! Lately, I've been enjoying watching the Marvel shows on Netflix, but the past few days have been spent watching "America's Next Top Model." Just turn on the show and let your brain rest for a bit!

3. Get A Snack. 

Chances are if you've been studying for a long time, you probably haven't eaten in a while, so take the time to stop and grab a snack! Try not to go for something super sugary, but something that actually has the protein to get you through the rest of your studying session!

4. Take A Shower. 

Studying can make you really tense, so taking a shower is a really good chance to relax! Just be warned that it might make you a little sleepy.

5. Listen To Some Music. 

Like watching TV, listening to some music can be a great way to just let your brain chill out for a few minutes instead of having to focus on something.

6. Take A Walk. 

You don't necessarily have to go outside, especially if it's raining, but even just walking around in a hallway helps get the blood flowing and will help you feel more revitalized!

7. Meditate. 

Meditating can be a really great way to reorient your mind and get your focus back, and there are lots of options out there! There are tons of free apps and websites you can use, but I like using Headspace because they have meditations specifically meant for students!

8. Call Your Mom. 

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm really stressed, hearing my mom's voice can really help me out, especially when I'm really missing home.

9. Get Out Of The House!

If you've been studying for a really long time, it can be easy to get a little sick of your surroundings. So you could go run an errand, or even just go for a quick drive. Anything that just gives you a change of pace!

10. Focus On One Of Your Hobbies. 

This is a dangerous one because it can be ridiculously easy to just give up on studying and keep going on with your hobby, so don't do that! But it's definitely okay to take the time to do an activity that you really enjoy doing, just make sure you do go back to studying if you need to.

11. Look For Some Memes Or Funny YouTube Videos. 

Honestly, sometimes we all just really need a laugh, and it can definitely help lower the stress levels. So by all means, look for the memes!

12. Grab Yourself Some Caffeine. 

If you're feeling really low in energy and you just need a little pick-me-up to get you through the rest of your studying, go grab some tea or coffee! The little bit of caffeine will give you just enough of a boost to power on through!