Summer of a Non-working Student
Lifestyles

The Summer As Told By A Non-Working Student

The life of a person during the summer who has absolutely nothing to do. This lifestyle can get a little funny.

195

So, if you're like me, you have no job for the summer for whatever your reasons are (mine is to spend time with family and travel) and there are some fun and interesting side-effects that we all experience from such a life-style. It's made worse if you live in the middle of nowhere, like say Union, Ohio, or really just anywhere in the Midwest. So, here are some common experiences across the board from people who enjoy their summer's in a. . .different. . . way.

P.s. This may or may not also apply to stay at home parents

1. You end up wearing the same clothes every day.

webchutney.pk

You never really leave the house so there's no point in changing out of your go-to favorite, Netflix "couchfit."

2. You've watched yourself into a Netflix coma.

moargeek.com

You've watched literally everything on Netflix. You've even watched So Undercover with Miley Cyrus (I know, it was terrible). It's basically to the point where you're looking for other TV/movie providers like HBO or Hulu because Netflix is all tapped out.

3. You pester your family members.

img.buzzfeed.com

Being all alone is so terribly boring it gets to the point where you're calling your mom everyday and asking her when she's getting home when you know she comes home from work the same time everyday. If you have siblings you often try to entice them to a new Netflix series just you have someone to enjoy your addiction with.

4. You drink an insane amount of coffee.

media1.tenor.com

You're home literally all day, and the coffee pot is just sitting there ready, waiting. When eating gets to be too much or too gross for your boredom task, coffee becomes your savior. It's like one cup, two cup, third pot, fourth pot.

5. Going to the grocery store becomes a holy task.

media1.tenor.com

You've got to have something to eat when you binge Netflix so it's the time to get snacks. Snacks, snacks, galore. All the snacks. Thanks, Mom.

6. You appreciate your friends way more.

24.media.tumblr.com

When your friends who are busy and working all the time finally ask you to hang out it is like the heavens have opened and your friends are angels descending from the sky to bestow their love upon you. Seriously, I miss my friends.

7. You voluntarily clean.

media.giphy.com

In the desperate need to feel productive, you clean. You do the dishes, tidy your room and sweep the living room. Why? Because the feeling of being surrounded by a disgusting place for too long just becomes too much in a cave that's already so small. Also you need to do something to feel like you've contributed to the family in some way.

8. You become a comedic genius.

www.espreso.rs

You spend so much time with yourself you start to think you're hilarious. You start cracking jokes left and right and you think you're the bees knees. It's only when you share these jokes later at dinner when you're family comes home that you find you're really not funny at all.

9. The pets have also decided it's time for you to go back to school.

media.giphy.com

Your previously love deprived pet has now been so over loved and snuggled and captured that they have also decided that, although they love you, it's time for you to go back to school.