Student Life At Holy Cross Described In Gifs

21

There is no doubt that being a student at Holy Cross is a unique, challenging, incredible, and life changing experience. As students at Holy Cross there are some experiences that we all share and struggle through together and here are some of them described in gifs:

The view of Holy Cross atop the hill from 290 is a great one, but the hills definitely provide a daily challenge for students. The stairs and hills are endless and there is nothing quite like the walk up the hill from Kimball to the Hart Center especially in the winter. I can shamelessly admit that I often chose a more difficult route to somewhere on campus if it means I can avoid stairs with a ride in an elevator.

Kimball is the place to be on Chicken Parm and Thanksgiving Dinner night, but sometimes the food at Kimball just does not satisfy the hunger and standards of some of the students. The end of the semester can be a real struggle when you are out of dining dollars, poor, and are just sick of the food at Kimball.

There is nothing pleasant about the enrollment process. Picking classes, meeting with your academic advisor, and waking up at seven am only to hope that you click the "enroll" button before all your classes fill up is never fun. There really is nothing quite like the stress you experience when your computer freezes and you do not get a single class you had hoped to.

A great feature of New England as a whole and Holy Cross is that we experience all four seasons. While this is great most of the time, the amount of snow we received last winter left many of us questioning why we did not go to a school in a warmer climate. The blizzards and snowstorms got old quick especially when we were expected to trudge to class in calf deep snow and try not to slip on ice and make a complete fool out of ourselves.

Many Holy Cross students start their weekends early on Wednesdays and Thursdays in some of Worcester's finest establishments including Leitrims. There is nothing like getting all dressed up and cramming into a cab headed for a night full of socializing and dancing with your closest friends. The mistakes of the night before too often catch up with you when you have to be in class at eight am the next morning.

The weeks leading up to the breaks in each semester are brutal in terms of the workload. There are theories that professors purposefully schedule exams and papers for the same day because everything that is due seems to be at the same time. We do, however, persevere through the mountain of work we have with the motivation of the upcoming break.

The library is a cut throat place on campus during study and exam period. Only the most dedicated, stressed, and sleepless students have a table, cubicle, or even comfy chair during this point in the semester. Too often are those that decide to sleep in a little or sleep at all out of luck when trying to find a good place to study. For many, finding a place to study is one of the worst part of finals, aside from the actual studying part.

The long breaks we are rewarded with at the end of each semester are definitely great, but there is no better feeling of excitement than returning to campus after those breaks, ready to tackle everything the new semester throws your way.