A Look Into The Life Of A Typical Girl With A Unique Twist

A student by day, a performer by night.

14
tylermilesphoto

I met Shae during our first week of school. We happened to sit at the same table to do some work while we waited for our next classes to start. After making small talk about kombucha, school, and avocados, we decided to exchange contacts. What I did not know (before seeing that her Instagram had 20k followers) was that she is a pop artist on the rise to fame with her exceptional performance skills and super bubbly personality. She's your average city girl with a unique twist.

"At the moment, I am OBSESSED with popcorn."

Shae Brock is an Arizona native, now living in Los Angeles, who got into the professional music world at age 15 when she met her producer Fred ‘Blaze’ Crawford. She has been crafting her art in the studio, ever since.

-When did you know that music was what you wanted to do in the future?
"
Honestly, I’m a tunnel vision person. I knew since I was a little girl going gaga over Britney Spears music and clothes."

On September 25th this year, Shae had the opportunity to stand on the stage of the legendary Hollywood venue, Whisky a Go Go, where she performed multiple original songs and covers in front of a live crowd of fans, family members, and friends. I was fortunate to be able to see her display her talent at such a prime location with a lot of colorful history. Shining center-stage in a dazzling golden outfit with a guitar in hand and her phenomenal band, Shae was a natural performer. She engaged her audience to sing along and even tossed a stack of stickers with her Snapchat code on it. The chemistry she had with her band and the music was definitely visible throughout her show.

-Tell me about your show at the Whisky a Go Go, how did you feel? Did it go as planned and how do you think it turned out?
"Playing a live show is always thrilling. You never know what is actually going to happen. You can rehearse and hope for the best. But, you never know your audience or venue situation until you get there. Overall it was an amazing turn out, and we sold out! But we did have some technical issues with the sound at the start, which is always a bummer fro us since we practiced SO much."

Despite having a busy work schedule with making music and being a full-time student at a local college, Shae manages to keep a strong work ethic as well as maintain a social life.

-Has it ever been difficult balancing school and music? How do you know which one to prioritize? Why did you choose to go to college even with your musical career?
"Oh man, SO difficult. In high school it was school, music, and no social life. In college it is school, music, AND social life… (I’m a Gemini so I have high belief that I can do more than I actually am capable of in a day.) But I DO IT. I really love learning and I think it is key to keep progressing in all areas and exercising my brain. Plus, I get to meet some amazing people that are interested in the same things."

(Photo credit to @TylerMilesPhoto)

Shae really is a typical girl at heart who adores shopping at Buffalo Exchange, enjoys food shopping at Whole Foods, and looks forward to Taco Tuesdays every week. She's also a regular at every local cafe in LA, as she's a serious coffee-fanatic.

-What are some goals you have for the near future?
"MORE MUSIC. MORE TOUR. Take over the world."

Her most recently released single, "Me For Me", is available on Apple Music. Check out her other works as well.