To Anyone Who Feels Stuck In Sadness, You Can Be Free

Hi there,

I know right now everything seems to have changed so much. Everything around you seems dim and dull and lacking in luster and life. I know that you feel trapped in routine, just a mere body going through the motions. I know that your routine feels like it's lacking meaning. You can't help but ask yourself, "Why am I doing this?" every single day you wake up.

The old happy and energetic version of yourself seems to be long gone, and you can't remember what it's like to look around you and see bright possibilities and beauty. You can't remember what it's like being whimsical and carefree. You can't remember what it's like staying up with your best friend until 4 a.m. and laughing at anything and everything.

You almost feel like you forgot how to even carry a conversation.

You seem to have forgotten how to be passionate and search for your passions. And you feel like you forgot how to feed your soul and indulge yourself. Relaxation feels like it was replaced with emptiness. Distractions don't seem to work anymore from that lingering uncomfortable sensation.

I am here to tell you that you no longer need to attempt to mask your feelings of sadness that you face so regularly — you must embrace it and feel it entirely.

It creates pain, yes, but when you feel this you're no longer suppressing it. You can finally figure out why you have been for so long. Allow yourself to feel it and to immerse yourself in those thoughts that run through your mind when feeling it.

Don't push them away, these thoughts will help you figure out the root cause.

What is bringing you pain is temporary, you'll realize. It's someone or something that you never expected or didn't want to blame. But deep in your heart, you know that it's time for a change. Change your situation! You are able to change it even though right now you feel stuck. It is not temporary at all remember that. You have control to change it.

You have the control to end that toxic friendship, relationship, or bad habit you have picked up.

It feels impossible, but you know deep in your heart this is the key to finding yourself again. That smiling, lively, peaceful version of yourself is still there, it's just been trapped behind all of your sadness. You have figured out what has been causing your sadness for so long, and you can finally help yourself become free.

I am proud of you. I have faith in you — you can finally let that happy version of yourself run free.

Sincerely,

Someone who got through exactly what you've been going through.