Don't Let College Break You

Don't Let College Break You

College is hard and that's okay.
6

Hi. I'm going to guess that you had clicked on this link for one of two reasons. One, you are either my mom or two, you are a struggling college student looking for answers.

If it's the first one, Hi Mom.

If it's the second, I can't guarantee the key to help you ace college but I can offer some advice that has helped me get to where I am today.

First, I want you to know college is hard and that's okay.

College can be considered one of the most difficult times for a young adult. You are pressured to have your life mapped out, understand how to manage money, expected to ace all of your classes, make tons of new friends, diversify yourself culturally, and the list goes on and on.

However, you are not alone. Most college students can relate because we literally have no clue what we are doing.

My biggest advice for you, don't let this process defeat you.

All of the pressures to succeed can become super scary. You don't want to mess up because you think the decisions you make now will affect the rest of your life. Some will, some will not. That one exam you failed will not determine your success in life. That history class you were so passionate about could point you down a new career path. It did for me.

But...

Don't let that scare you. Don't let the pressures overwhelm you. Don't let college mold you into a person you are not. Don't let college defeat you. Don't let college break you.

Instead know that...

You are strong. You are smart. You are capable. You are focused. You are driven. You are brave. You are passionate. You are talented. You are a college student. You are you.

Ace that exam, write a killer paper, but if you fail, get up, dust yourself off, and keep going.

I believe in you. Don't forget to believe in yourself.