Struggles all Girls Who Suck at Flirting Understand

Flirting is basically like Rocket Science

606
Shaira Dela Peña

I suck at flirting and since you clicked on this article, my guess is you do too. Let’s be honest, you are either amazing at flirting or you are absolutely terrible. There is no in between. I never received that cute gene that taught me how to wink or master the subtle giggle. I can’t just wave normally or speak to an attractive person without screwing up my words. So here is a list struggles that I have, that you can probably relate too as well.

1. Winking

Am I winking or having a small stroke, the world may never know.

2. Picking up on Mutual flirting

When a guy is obviously flirting with you but you legitimately have no earthly idea that he is, so you go back to your best friend and question everything you have done wrong thus far in your life all because you do not understand hints of flirting… yeah, I can relate.

3. Soft smiles

When you smile at a cute boy, you just look like you're developing some sinister plot to take over the world.

4. Hair flips

More like blinding innocent bystanders with my awkward attempt to look effortlessly flawless.

5. Girly Giggle

Definitely not… more like a wheezing dolphin.

6. Casual Jokes

You usually are doing that wheezing dolphin giggle before you can even get the joke out and odds are it wasn't even that funny.

7. Eye Contact

More like a death stare across the room. Maybe this is just me but I cannot make eye contact in any cute way I just look like I am staring into your soul, oh well.

8. Subtle touching

You try to gently touch his arm laughing at his jokes and end up either falling, touching him for too long or missing the mark completely.

9. Just being awkward in general

We really can’t help this one

10. Social Media Stalker

You have already scrolled way too far down on his Instagram and when he talks about his aunt you ask which one…Aunt Linda or Aunt Wendy…

At the end of the day, you just accept how awful you are at flirting and admire your friends from afar as they get yet another boys number and you sit in amazement at how flawlessly she just winked, flipped her hair, laughed, AND didn’t mention anything she knew about him on social media. But hey, don't give up hope, everyone loves a good awkward girl from time to time…right?