You're So Much Stronger Than You Think You Are

Remember, It's OK Not To Be OK And That You're So Much Stronger Than You Think You Are

Know that you are more resilient than you think, and time is often the best medicine.

190

There comes a point in any individual's life when he/she/they realize he/she/they are really f**ked up and has to pick up the pieces. Everyone has their own sets of complicated and overwhelming problems. And, everyone lives their own version of life — for better or worse. However, oftentimes, it is not fair what life has doled out for someone. When it comes to something out of one's control, it is hard to separate this from your own life or self-blame.

But, life isn't and can't always fair, ultimately making it shattering for one's well being. Individuals aren't invincible. They are just human.

Pain is sometimes natural and unavoidable. It can become really hard to have yourself together when things around you seem to be pushing you down enough to knock you to the ground. Each push and dole of bad luck can ruin what goodness you see in life and happiness. It can ruin your appetite for optimism because you want to spit out every spoiled thing life gives to you. Nevertheless, this can keep occurring until your sense of reality is morphed, and you become bitter. You being fearing being hurt that you either give up or break a little in the process.

However, just because you are broken means that only means that you view life differently but it doesn't mean you deserve mistreatment or judgment. Just because you are broken goods does not mean you are not worthy of love or deserving of love.

Ultimately, more people should hear the words: It's OK not to be OK.

Consistent healthy mental health isn't always a given. If you aren't ready to move on and overcome an issue, understand that it's OK not to move on. Forgiveness or recovery comes faster for some than for others because each situation and person is different. And, if you move on too fast, you aren't giving yourself enough time to grieve over the little part of yourself that you lost. The most important issue at hand is to remember that you are worth more than the parts that make up you. And, self-love is a journey that might sometimes disappear and reappear.

In these instances, you can't find the will to love yourself, grab a friend and family member. Sometimes when you can't find anything to love about yourself, find yourself through the people who love you. They can help remind you what worth you have and the beauty of sharing your soul with them adds to your life. Or, if you don't have the right people around you, get rid of the toxic individuals even if it means the person standing in the mirror. If you can't find at least one thing to love about yourself each day, you aren't doing it right because love might not always be consistent, but it is always there, somewhere.