Stronger, After All

Stronger, After All

An original poem where doubt may come, but the heart is stronger than you know. Dreaming and believing matters after all!

29
Stronger, After All

Hello Readers! Welcome to 2021. I hope it has been decent enough to get through the first month of this year. There have been moments of heaviness on my heart, but I wanted to share a poem that personifies the hope of seeing it though that I encountered. It truly is the little things that can get us right back on track and refocus our mindset. There will be challenges, but I sincerely wish for this piece to inspire you back to your passions. Sending much love and light!

I was in a place of confusion,

Trying to make sense of 'why'

The passion I feel makes me anxious

But not as anxious as wanting to accomplish

The dreams I've held so close, like a blanket, soft and warm

Yet, I take on defeat, which squeezes my heart

And it tries to hold down the joy

Shaking like an unwelcome roar, it continues to keep me still

The days became more of a blur, as I agonize over, 'when,'

Because I still wanted to conquer all of my hopes in golden triumph

I sought to sleep peacefully, creating more dreams

That I can, one day, obtain and smile upon

Nights became restless and uncertain and fragile

All of the defeat begins to tighten its grip

One thought made a defiant cry: 'why are you giving up this quickly?'

'This isn't who we are.'

'When we've reached our dreams, this small obstacle will be but a memory.'

The messages were coming from my heart, and I noticed

Defeat got weaker and weaker, slipping its hold away from me

Disappearing until it waited for another opportunity to make me doubt

Dreaming and believing

But my heart was stronger than I ever realized

It was more precious and valuable than sinking into that cloud of confusion

There really was a victory in mustering back my courage

For I held steadfast and it brought tears of gratitude to my eyes

I whispered, 'thank you, steady heart. You know me best,'

Indeed, it was another start, another chance to strengthen my resolve

For I was stronger than I knew after all