10 Songs To Make You Feel Like A Strong(er) Woman

Sometimes all we need is a good song (or 10) to remind us of our value

45

Self-confidence is one of the most important traits a woman can possess, however, at times it can be hard to truly display it. With the help of some of America's finest women, I have compiled a playlist that will remind you that you are worth... or more importantly you enough just the way you are. Enjoy!

1. Truth Hurts- Lizzo

I heard this song for the first time when I was at the meet the exec workout for my CHAARG group on campus. Although the song mainly centers around a broken relationship, I couldn't help but feel inspired. This song made me feel capable of getting though my workout and getting though life in general even if I'm on my own.

2. Confident- Demi Lovato

C'mon people the word confident is in the title, so of course I had to include it in my list. This song reminds me that I can (and should) live my life with no regrets, because the only one who runs this show is me.

3. Born This Way- Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga has always been my go-to artist, but I always turn to this song when I question if they way I am or who I am is "ok". This song taught me to love myself for who I am and to never hide my true being in fear of being embarrassed.

4. Nice For What- Drake 

Drake appreciates the female hustle and so do I. Never should we have to feel bad about what we do in order to reach our success, no matter how much those around us talk down to us.

5. ***Flawless- Beyoncé

Of course I had to include THE queen in my list... but honestly this is the BEST power anthem and epitomizes how successful women can be on their own.

6. God is a woman- Ariana Grande

Like many of the other songs on this list, this song shows how strong and capable women are- going so far as to compare them to someone who is considered to be the strongest being of them all.

7. Woman- Kesha ft. The Dap-Kings Horns

A strong woman is an independent woman and Kesha tells us that with this rockin' song.

8. Independent Woman, Pt.1

Having a man IS nice, but it definitely isn't necessary, so if you need the reminder: whatever you could do in a relationship with a man, you can do on your own. The world is yours girl, go after it!

9. Fighter- Christina Aguilera 

Christina shows us that no matter the obstacles in our path, we can (and will) rise again because we all they do is provide more motivation to reach our goals.

10. Nobody's Perfect- Hannah Montana

The OG confidence boost jam. But in all seriousness, this song continually reminds me and so many others that perfection is a myth and there's no one individual who exemplifies perfection, further proving that we should all accept our flaws.