I Am A Strong, Independent Woman, But I Will Never Be A Feminist

Get over it.

Feminism has become a major topic all around us.

You can't watch TV, get on Facebook, or even read a magazine without seeing some kind of discussion about feminism. Look, I get it.

Women want to feel strong, empowered, and like they have the same rights as men. But the way I see it, we have all that already.

Here is why you won't see me jumping on the feminist bandwagon...

While the beginnings of feminism had good intentions, it has turned into a man-hating competition. Women put down men for so many things. It seems as though modern day feminists are just trying to compile a list of all the reasons we should hate men. It doesn't make sense.

First of all, the wage gap is not real.

Women do not generally make less than men for putting in the same hours at the same job. I know and have spoken with several women who make more than men in the same male-dominated industry.

Women have the same basic rights as men.

Anything a man can legally do, a woman can do it too. Nobody is stopping you from signing up for the military or going to work anymore. Take advantage of those rights and realize that women in other countries don't have near the rights that we do.

Did you know that Saudi Arabia just recently allowed women the right to drive?

DRIVE!

Can you imagine not being able to hop in your car and go where you need to go?

Now, let's look at rape culture.

I know this is a touchy subject and my heart really does go out to all of the people who have been through such a horrible thing. I am sorry that you had to go through that.

What most people either fail to realize or push out of their thoughts is that men get raped too.

The feminist perspective on the male gender has become so twisted that they believe all men are misogynistic assholes. You can't generalize a whole group of people based on the actions of a few.

With that being said, I realize all feminists are not like this. But the majority of them do act this way, in my experience.

It is harder to prove that a male has been raped because most people assume that all men want sex all the time. So how could it be rape if a man is a victim?

It is easy for women to accuse men of rape, but if a man accuses a woman of rape, it is hardly believed and the man is brutally ridiculed. I believe it's this modern feminist point of view that labels men as guilty before the truth ever comes out, and discourages men from speaking up when they're truly victims.

I also don't see any women protesting the fact that women don't have to sign up for the draft at 18 like men do.

But I guess nobody wants to talk about that.

I realize that feminism sheds light on real issues. Please realize that I am not blind to those things.

However, I believe that feminism as a movement has completely been blown out of the proportion and the intentions are no longer pure.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if I'm a feminist or if I'm not.

Most of these huge protests and all of the news coverage are only a distraction from bigger things anyway. If you are a hardcore feminist and you are proud of it, good for you. I'm glad you are standing up for something you believe in. But you won't see me at a protest rally or wearing a vagina costume.

Hope there are no hard feelings.