How to finish this semester?

You NEED To Be Pumped Up At The Halfway Point In The Semester

I feel ya, 100%.

13

It is halfway through the fall semester. Normally this would be a time for celebration because you're that much closer to Christmas. And while you're definitely excited about the impending break, you're also just plain wore out because let's face it-this is the time of the semester that really sucks.

You're burnt out on school. You're tired of feeling stressed. You dream of a world where you have people waiting on your every need and you have no responsibilities that resemble schoolwork. Let me tell you-I feel you. I am right there with you. So here is the pump-up you need to finish the semester strong.

First of all, let me just say that I realize I live in a country where education is not only a privilege, it's almost expected of you. I know I am so incredibly lucky to be able to attend college, but that doesn't mean that it isn't stressful. But y'all, we can do this. Remember how you felt those first few days of school? How excited and ready to take on the semester you were? You can restore those feelings. Those feelings are good feelings. And here's how you're going to do it.

Don't do this by scaring yourself. Don't tell yourself that you better get it together or else you have no future. Instead, remind yourself how excited you are about that future and how succeeding in said class(es) will increase the likelihood of that dream coming to fruition. Reward yourself when you do well on a test by watching a Netflix episode, getting a manicure, or going out one night. Have the mentality that you can and you will succeed in the tough classes (and the easier ones too for that matter). These positive thoughts will pay off in the long run.

So I know you are all wishing your worries and struggles away at this point in the semester, but I promise you that the work you put in now will pay off in huge dividends later on down the road. When you see that letter grade that is higher than the one you were shooting for. When you receive a scholarship that is possible due to the grade point average you now have as a result of doing well in that class. So do well, my fellow students. School is difficult, stressful, challenging, and intimidating all rolled into one. But if you keep on pushing, even at this point in the semester, it is so worth it in the end. Keep fighting my fellow students. Your future self with your dream job will thank you.