The Strangest Art You'll Ever See

The Strangest Art You'll Ever See

One man's trash is another man's treasure... or an artist's favorite medium.

29
The Strangest Art You'll Ever See
Alice Achterhof

When I think of art, I first think of sculptures, paintings and photography. But when I really think about art -- its limitless boundaries that allow creators to evolve the traditional notion of "art" to encompass anything thinkable and unthinkable -- I think of people who defy the impossibility of being original. After perusing museums and the web, admiring the strangest -- the most unique and original -- concepts artists have conjured, I have compiled a list comprised of 12 of the most unconventional artists. These artists transcend normalcy and permeate the realms of innovation. Explore their mediums and masterpieces and be inspired to navigate the originality of your own soul, your mind and your potency to create.

1. Erika Iris Simmons

Medium: Cassete Tapes

2. Jae Ko

Medium: Paper

3. Roger Hiorns

Medium: Dust from a jet engine

4. Ben Wilson

Medium: Chewing gum

5. Maurizio Savini

Medium: Chewing gum

6. Othman Toma

Medium: Ice cream

7. Klaus Pichler

Medium: Rotting food

8. Liz Hickok

Medium: Jello

9. Nick Gentry

Medium: Film strips

10. Caitlin Ducey

Medium: Straws

11. Iris Schieferstein

Medium: Dead animals

12. Khalil Chishtee

Medium: Plastic bags