7 Strange, Goosebumps Inducing Phobias That Will Even Make R.L Stine Scream

The blenders are coming for you.

586
Unsplash / Ghost Presenter

Do any of these 7 photos give you the heeby-jeebies?

1. Arachibutyrophobia

People who suffer from arachibutyrophobia don't have the fear of peanut butter. Rather it's the fear of getting peanut butter on the roof of the mouth. We all know that the feeling of getting peanut butter stuck on the roof of the mouth is deeply uncomfortable but for those with arachibutyrophobia, the anxiety often comes from a fear of choking.This fear can also extend to other similarly sticky foods like Nutella or cookie butter.

2. Xanthophobia

Xanthophobia is the fear of the color yellow. This includes cheese, mustard, bees, even the sun. It's even said that people with this phobia will close their eyes to pee. Some may even get anxiety just from hearing the word "yellow." The common cause of this phobia is a traumatic childhood experience like a bee sting.

3. Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns . The fear of clowns is actually one of the most common. And I agree, clowns are creepy. I'm honestly so scared of clowns I didn't want to add a picture of a clown because I would scare myself so much. This fear has only been made worse by movies like "It" as well as all of the creepy clown sighting in 2016.

4. Triskaidekaphobia

Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13 . In western culture, 13 is an unlucky number, but some take this general aversion to 13 another level with full-on fear of the number 13. People with this fear avoid anything that has to do with this number. I wonder what they do on the 13th day of the month?

5. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia is the fear of palindromes. Palindromes being words that spelled the same way forwards and backward. The names "aibohphobia" is itself a palindrome. It must be incredibly difficult for people with this fear to describe it.

6. Oikophobia

Oikophobia is the fear of household appliances . This includes your fridge, your washer and dryer and your toaster. It's said that this fear originated in the post-war boom when people began buying larger and larger house and housewives had more and more chores to do around the house.

7. Nomophobia

Ahhh yes...Nomophobia. The fear that all millennials have. Nomophobia is the fear of being without your cell phone . Supposedly, it stems from a fear of being cut off or losing connection with other people. I obviously don't have this because anyone I know will tell you I always lose my phone.