A Strange Yet Familiar Feeling

A Strange Yet Familiar Feeling

Being the Very Best
7

At my age, I don't really know what is best for myself. I would like to believe that I do know, that I'm all grown up and I'm ready to have the world as my oyster. Don't get me wrong, conquering the world is an awesome plan to have in your life, but assuming things will ideally go the way as expect them to, is not always a great idea. With all that the world has to offer, there is so much more to learn. There's always a pearl of wisdom that is added onto your necklace and then a new day to look forward to.

Everyone is a beginner at whatever they try for the first time, and we are not graceful nor picture perfect when we expect our results to be they way we depicted them. I have had my embarrassing moments and negative thoughts of giving up on a progress; leaving it for a better tomorrow. However, that's not the way to be if you want to be the very best. I like to think back to Ash Ketchum, and the attitude he had about doing his best to get to the top. He has a positive attitude and is inspirational from the way he treats his partners and learns from his defeats and failures. Traveling in the world of Pokémon is a great life adventure for Ash, he is always leaning new things and making new friends.

When I am feeling down and I feel like a slug, I know that I have to do something to get me going. I dedicate myself to a progress, like applying for jobs in school or planning to study abroad. I want to propel myself to have a positive attitude and keep moving forward. I think about where I'll be in five years, what will I do, who I will be with, and where I will be. To be honest, it's uncomfortable to know this because I know that the time I have now with whom, where, what, is temporary. But life is an adventure, there are always new things to look forward to. It is a strange yet familiar feeling that I have, knowing that I can be better and that there is a future ahead of me. It is a comfort.

Through time, we learn about the world and ourselves. Making good decisions through difficult choices makes us veterans of the world around us. After many experiences, conquering the world is an easier challenge to face. You eventually learn what is best for yourself and adapt to other new experiences, while continuing to be the best that you can be.