My Strange Addiction To Tinder

My Strange Addiction To Tinder

A girl's story about her history on Tinder

234
My Strange Addiction To Tinder

My friend has a little obsession with Tinder. I will keep the name anonymous for certain reasons. For this, I am going to write it in the first person to make it more real and to give you a sense of what it is not only like to be on Tinder, but to be obsessed.

When I was a freshman in college, I started using a dating app called Tinder. It was what I felt like was going to be the only way to find boys. I never dated in high school and I am shy around guys, so this sounded like a good idea. Boy, I was wrong. I have been through hell and back with this app. All the boys (I'm saying boys for a reason) were jerks. Well, they started out nice and then they turn into complete jerks.

Some of them, however, start off as complete jerks. Not going to lie, there are guys out there that use awful pick up lines like, "Do you sell hotdogs? Bc you know how to make a weiner stand." Like, seriously? Only horndogs like this boy want sex. This is how you know they are just trying to get laid. There are also other guys who start off nice then state "All I wanna do is get laid lol." Not only this, but there are guys that only want a friends with benefits, and when they tell you, you cannot get rid of them. They keep coming back no matter how many times you say, "NO!" There are also guys who lead you on until you finally meet, and then they try and get in your pants, and they never speak to you again.

Going on the meeting part, I would meet these guys because they seem amazing. They seem like great guys, until we hang out for the first time. Some of them are even good the first time, but after the next couple of times, everything changes. They are not the same boy, or they are but bring out the hidden side: all they want is to have sex. I am not ready for that yet, because of how I was raised. When they find that out after trying to get in my pants or making innuendos, they are fine the rest of the night, then the next day or even a week later stop talking to me or tell me they do not want to be with me.

That was the hardest part of it all. Never hearing from these guys again. One minute trusting them, and the next leaving in a heartbeat. The tears stream down my face each time. In the end, I realize it is better, but some of them being on campus with me, it gets harder and harder each time to see them.

These are just the experiences I've had. Some people have met their soulmate through Tinder, and I guess that is what I am trying to do. The old fashion way does not work anymore. We are in a world where technology has taken over, and that is the way everything is now. Love is online, and we have to take risks.