Stop Waiting

Stop Waiting

Carpe diem (Seize the day).

12
Stop Waiting
Hotel-R

Growing up it's easy to hide how you feel about people, places, things, or even activities. Fear, rejection, and failure are common misconceptions people visualize if they were to exploit their true opinions or feelings. If there's one thing I've learned over the years: it's to just say how you feel.Stop waiting.

Maybe from all those movies you watched growing up you've acquired the thought that the "right moment will just come and it'll be exactly what I want." Well, let me tell you that the right moment isn't going to just magically happen the way you've made it out in your head. There will be no right moment if you don't genuinely tell everyone in your life what you are honestly feeling at any given moment because nobody can fulfill your wishes if they don't know them in the first place. Stop waiting.

For example: I used to think people could almost read my mind. It may sound crazy, but it's almost as if my expectations were so high that I expected another person to know exactly how I felt. And then if their actions didn't match up to a certain expectation, I'd feel let down. This entire scenario was one of complete immaturity on my part, because how can a person ever know what you want if you don't tell them? Stop waiting.

The right people in your life aren't going to make you wait for them, or leave you unsure of how they feel about you. If you miss someone, tell them. If you crave to be with someone, let them know. If you feel like you love your friends or significant other, fill them with all the joy you're feeling so they can feel it too. The worst that can happen is that a feeling isn't reciprocated, and in that case that is your opportune moment to move on and grow as an individual. Without saying how you feel, you may be delaying an ultimate letdown or wasting time of pure happiness. Stop waiting.

This creates room to also ensure excuses aren't accepted consistently. There are so many things going on in all our lives every day, sometimes it's hard to schedule a time to see your friends or family that you're both available. However, if a person constantly will not make any form of effort to see or communicate with you -- that speaks volumes on where you stand with them. Ask them or tell them how you're feeling before it's past the point of no return. Reciprocation is so important in any type of relationship, and keep in mind that no answer is also a definite answer in itself. Stop waiting.

Lastly, there's nothing worse than wondering what could have been if you would have said something, but you held your tongue instead. If things aren't how you want them to be when you're falling asleep at night, fix it. You just never know what could happen. As one of my favorite musicians once said:

"You'd better know that in the end, it's better to say too much -- then never say what you need to say." -John Mayer

Stop waiting.