You Can Only Do So Much, You Can Only Balance

You Can Only Do So Much

A reminder that there's only so much you can do, so balance your stress and push on.

22

Recently, I've been struggling with stressing myself out way too much as the approaching school year is looming. I keep asking myself how I'm going to possibly balance everything I've got on my plate when the time comes, and it's been really stressing me out. I'm worried about how I'm going to focus on my schoolwork as I'm entering my third year of college, how I'm going to keep up on the workload while working and keeping my mind on that on the days I don't have classes, and also how I'm going to balance my personal life as a 20 year old girl, who of course has friendships to maintain, family to see, and also a long-distance relationship to maintain as well.

Along with all of this, other responsibilities are present and the thought of having to do all this and maintain all these things has been weighing heavy on my mind, causing me a lot of stress. I've cried and stressed, and cried some more and I noticed something about it - it hasn't helped me prepare any more than before. It hasn't done anything helpful, and it's pretty much just ensured that I continue to stress about all of my upcoming responsibilities and challenges. So here's how I'm going to look at it from this point...

There is nothing you can do, but keep pushing on and make decisions based on how you're dealing with the challenges as they come.

I've had to remind myself that freaking myself out and stressing about all these things before they happen is counter productive in all ways. There isn't anything I can do but know and fully understand that I have all of this coming up, and the only thing I can do is roll with the punches and if I need to change my schedule, change my day to day and adjust things for my betterment, then that's what I have to do, but until I'm at that point, there is nothing I can do.

I'm blessed to have the support system I have helping remind me of this and continuing to encourage me as all of these things are coming. Push on, balance your stress, think about yourself and how you can adjust what's going on around you so that you can be successful in all of your things and take a breath, because you got this.