To The Mean Girls Of The Adult World, Time To Grow Up

It is time to move on and stop continuing to bully those around you.

634

Everyone loves the movie "Mean Girls" and how could you not? It is comedic brilliance with quotable lines for almost every situation. At the end of the movie, fortunately, the girls move past their mean ways and become "actual human beings."

However, this is not always the case in real life.

While at a Kesha concert this past weekend (which was absolutely amazing by way), she ended the show with a song from her newest album called "Bastards." I've listened to the album "Rainbow" quite a bit but hearing the songs live made me appreciate the words so much more than I did before. In the song's chorus, she sings,

"Don't let the mean girls take the crown, don't let the scumbags screw you 'round, don't let the bastards take you down."

Although it is a simple set of lines, it really resonated with me. In the past year, I have dealt with an enormous amount of unnecessary drama alongside some of my friends from a certain group of young women that seem to have forgotten to leave the drama and their mean girl ways in high school.

The sad truth is, not everyone leaves behind their bullying ways after graduation and are appalled when others refuse to participate as well. Those that are true bullies find every way they can to continue it into their adult lives. Instead of leaving behind negativity and focusing on making an impact in the world, they resort to childish behavior as a default.

Growing up and moving on is somehow too difficult. Resorting to this behavior is all they have ever known and they believe that life is boring without it.

Bullying has no place in the world, both when you are young and during adulthood.

I can only imagine how torturous it must be to carry such anger and hatred around all the time. It is easy to get sucked back into that world of negativity, but thankfully I have no desire to continue the cycle. I hope you wake up one day and realize the same thing.

I hope that if you have daughters one day that they recognize your toxic behavior, if you are still participating, and rise above it. I also hope they aren't treated the same way by other mean girls just like you.

Choose to leave behind bullying. End the cycle and spread positivity. Today, this world cannot get too much of it.