Stop Immediately Turning Tragedies Into Your Selfish Political Agenda

Change can be discussed later, but right now you should just shut up and show love.
13406

This country has seen more than our fair share of heartbreak and disaster. We have too many tragedies in our country to even be able to function most of the time. With that said, stop turning things into evidence for your agendas and let people mourn.

With the latest shooting, my heart is broken for this country. After it happened, it took less than 2 hours for my Twitter feed to be filled with "gun control" tweets. This disgusted me in more ways than one.

Should gun control be a subject in Congress? Yes. Should that be what everyone is talking about immediately after a tragedy? Never. It is disgusting. Too many people took their time to shun the President or Congress, and did not offer one word of solace for the families who just LOST their loved ones.

Lives were ENDED, and all you have to say is that it is our President's fault? Really? Many Americans need to grow up and wake up.

I agree that we need to look at how available AR-15's and SMG's are to the public. Background checks should be more extensive and those with mental disabilities need to be taken into further consideration.

However, you cannot logically get rid of all guns. When you do this, you take away the guns from people who would defend their neighbors, and put it in the hands of only criminals. Oh, but if guns were illegal then there would be no guns, right? Yeah, just like there are not cocaine or methamphetamine addicts. Drugs are illegal, but you see more illegal drugs in the hands of ignorant teenagers than the cancer patients who could use it.

Stop taking tragedies and making them into political agendas that do not even make sense. I hate the fact that I even had to refute the social media posts that I see, but that is what it has gotten to. You are not even letting people mourn. They have not even had time to BURY THEIR LOVED ONES and you are already discussing your campaign slogans for 2018 and 2020.

Wake. Up. America.

We can argue our sides later. Let these families figure out how to survive without their significant others and children. The last thing these families need is your negativity and selfishness. They need love because they just lost part of their hearts.

Shut up about your political agenda and show empathy for these people. We are all sick of hearing it, and you might actually get further in life if you show some respect.

I pray for these families and cannot imagine the heartache that they are feeling. They need time to heal and move on, although there will always be a hole in their lives. Let's come together as a country to support them, not fight against each other with politics.