Break Up With Your Hatred For Ariana, It's Boring

Success does not make her a bad person.

20

No matter if you've been living under a rock or between the pages of Teen Vogue, there's no doubt that you've heard something about Ariana Grande lately. She's at the top of all of the news for all sorts of different reasons. With all this recent attention has come to a lot of fairly unwarranted hate for the pop star and honestly, it's just tiring. It's just frustrating to see all the hate. Why does everyone have to collectively try and take anyone's success and hate them for it? Celebrity or not, this always seems to be the case.

Stop hating celebrities for being successful or trying to be happy.

It all really seemed to start when Ariana's relationship with Pete Davidson hit the news. They escalated pretty quickly and it seemed to be all anyone was talking about. I remember there were extensive social media responses talking about how ridiculous it was that they were engaged and getting tattoos for each other so soon. Their relationship ended up ending almost as soon as it began, but who is anyone to judge what made someone happy (especially when that someone has almost no relevance to your actual life)? If someone is happy (or even just seems to be), leave them alone and let them enjoy their happiness while it lasts.

It's no one else's business but theirs.

After this, Ariana's next move was the release of "thank u, next." While this was the start of many memes (one taught me to love, one taught me patience, one taught me pain), this seemed to be the start of criticism of her musical talent and choices as an artist. I'm not certain if people thought that because they'd already started criticizing her love life that they had an open pass to criticize the rest of her life.

Soon came "7 rings" and everyone came at her again for her song sounds like two different songs that already existed.

Her new album hasn't had too many critics yet, aside from the message that "break up with your boyfriend, i'm bored" gives off. Not her best move, but still a certifiable bop.

Ariana is literally out here just trying to release music that she's been working on her that is obviously very personal and important to her and it's always met with unwarranted criticism.

Please, for the sake of everyone, stop coming at people (celebrities or otherwise) who are accomplishing things. If they're problematic, they're problematic. However, doing things and working hard are not problematic alone. Unless you have a genuine basis in which you're attacking someone for the things that they're doing, then please sit down and mind your own business. You're wasting your own and everyone else's time and energy.