It Might Sound Like A Cliché, But You Need To Chase Your Dreams

You CAN have the life you always dreamed about.

664
Aaron Adrian

Everyone has a dream, and I am a firm believer that everyone is passionate about something. We were each born into this world to chase some sense of purpose that helps us identify with who we are and what we want to be.

I have noticed, however, that many people give up on their dreams or settle on a life they deem as "safe." In college specifically, this usually starts with the choice of majors. I have met many students that have told me they are personally pursuing a major for a career path that was chosen for them by their parents.

Study what you want! If you love art, English, fashion, or maybe music, the greatest gift you can do for yourself is study it.

I understand college is expensive and parents want a return on their investment but it should not cost a lifetime of dreams to do so. In the end, your success is self-driven. You have to want it more than anything in the world and do whatever it takes to achieve it.

This is the time of your life to focus on you, your dreams, and your future. Your parents are not the ones that will be sitting through the classes, working on assignments, or pursuing jobs for you, you are going to have to live with the decision you make, so make it the career you want.

The greatest advice I could give when pursuing your four years of college is to pursue your passions. Although this sounds like a cliche, it is so incredibly important to do what you love.

No amount of money can take away the natural happiness that comes from doing what you love the most. Even the far-fetched dreams that do not seem like they would ever come true. You really never know unless you make the choice to pursue them.

Dreams do not just happen overnight.

It takes hard work, dedication, and intrinsic motivation to achieve the wildest of dreams. Start by setting small daily goals. Then move on to weekly goals. Then bigger monthly goals and so on, this will help to reach your end goal. I went and spent two semesters working for Disney because at that time it felt like a dream.

Dreams also change so if you conquer one dream it is perfectly okay to move on to a new one. Go ahead, start today, do not be afraid to start small either. Everyone has to start from somewhere.

Send that email, make that phone call, apply for that internship.

Even if you fail, you will know that you did everything in your power to go for it. You can always try again or move on to a bigger dream. Life is crazy that way, and dreams are always changing. Pursue the dream that matters the most to you.