Stop Complaining! Do Something!

Stop Complaining! Do Something!

This year was not one for the books, but you get to choose if next year will be...

10
Stop Complaining! Do Something!

This year has been rough.

Let's face it: 2016 has let us down.

But even if 2016 hasn't gone your way (in multiple ways) there is always something to be thankful for.

Look around you. Everything you own is more than someone else may have, and for that you should feel blessed.

There is a good chance that if you're reading this then you're in college. There are thousands of people who would love to go to college but can't afford it. For that you are blessed.

If you have a family that you're home with for the holidays, think of the millions who have lost someone they loved this year. Or someone whose loved one is overseas. I'm willing to be all of them would give anything to be with that loved one for this time of year.

Your friends who stand by your side every day. The friends who you were able to exchange Christmas presents with. Feel blessed because someone out there is being bullied and feels alone. They would love to have a friend who cared that much about them. You're lucky that you do. Good friends are hard to come by.

The peace you have living in America. Just look at the news to see all the people who have not peace. They live in a country that is at war or lacking basic human needs and this time of year is no different for them. Christmas Day will look the same as Christmas Eve and the same as the day before that. There are children starving, people dying, people who only imagine the type of life you're able to live. You may not like the President-elect (God knows I don't) but you must appreciate the fact that you had a voice in the election. If you feel your voice wasn't heard, just remember that's how millions feel daily. You're not special.

We live in a world, in a country, where hate and violence is the only news that makes it on the TV. And you know why? Because, believe it or not, that's what people want to see. But you can be the change. You can be thankful for what you have and share it with the world. Switch up your resolution from going to the gym more or eating healthier.

Next year marks a clean slate. So think now of what you'd like to write on it.

Do more volunteer work?

Do a walk for charity?

Become an advocate for something you believe in?

Use your voice, use your power, use your freedom! Be the change you want to see in the world. Make your New Year's resolution about making a difference, something that you can look back on this time next year and say "It may have been small, but I did something to make a change."