When You Chose Drugs, You Also Chose Being An Addict So Yes, It’s Your Fault

If you can make the choice to start, you can make the choice to stop.

184
Human Fit Project

if you got offended from just the title, you or someone you know probably has a problem and try seeking help.

This is not a new concept, but still a relevant one. I have seen many opinions on the subject, bringing up text book definitions of disease and addiction. It is insanely stupid. The ignorance coming out of the comment and opinions are coming from people whom struggle themselves or believe that small addictions in life are acceptable and unnoticed by others. Not only are addictions noticeable, but is overwhelmingly outstanding to those who know the signs.

I did not say addicts were not sick, they are extremely sick, but they are not infected or born with this “disease” they claim it to be. You did it to yourself. You troubled upbringing did not do it. Your hard time you are going through did not do it. Your friends did not do it. Your family did not do it. You did, and you are 100% the only one to blame.

Stop pleading for sympathy instead of getting help. Getting help is not overdosing and getting shot up with Narcan. Getting help is acknowledging the problem and taking action before everyone involved is hurt and broken for the rest of your life. Getting help is accepting what you have done is wrong and learning from your mistakes. I know first-hand the effects of addiction on a family, it is life-changing. The pain of watching someone slowly kill themselves is something that can never be reversed. Plus, the example that has been set for others can change them as a person.

The argument I have seem time after time, is that disease means something that is not easing. The problem I have with that is, you knew what you were doing when you did it. You knew what the effects were, you knew about withdraws, you knew it was illegal, and you knew what addiction has done to other people and their families. Yet, you still chose the path that you did, and it is the most selfish thing a person can do.

Now, if you go as far as stealing for your addiction, you are a different kind of pathetic. You are basically walking hand-in-hand with the devil himself, if you take hard earned money and things from people to use for a habit you started for your own needs, whatever they are, you are pathetic. Save the story on how you were over-prescribed narcautics, shut up, you knew it was a lot, but still took them and looked for more when you ran out. There is no way you can twist it, it is the choices you made and have to live with, even though what will happen is, you will let someone find help for you when they should be concentrating on their own stuff.

While it is extremely sad, to watch good people turn so bad, it happens way too often. People let it slide calling is a disease and using time and resources to “cure” them. If you are going to be grown enough to make the choice to start, be grown enough to know how to stop.