20 Crucial Stocking Stuffers For College Students, This Year And Every Year
popular

The best part of the holidays: useless stocking stuffers.

10899
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/14/636488819697382357-713001530_405b0a8857731c9ce419398120e42b6f.jpg

Even as a 20-year-old college student, you run downstairs on Christmas morning and search through your stocking to see what fantastic goodies Santa gifted you this year. Some stocking stuffers are practical, others just plain useless, but we love them just the same. No matter what holiday you celebrate this year, all college students will love these mini-gifts that won't break the budget or take too much thought.

1. Deodorant

Let's be real. Once you come home for the holidays, you're completely out of all personal hygiene products. This practical, yet equally as exciting, stocking stuffer is something you'll actually use.

2. Socks

Fun holiday socks are the best gifts. Whether they're pink and fuzzy or simple and striped, socks are a go-to stocking stuffer.

3. Tea

This simple drink pairs perfectly with your new holiday socks, and how else will you throw some subtle shade at family and friends this season? Sip, sip, away as you scroll through the ridiculous memes and posts on Twitter.

4. Coffee mugs

It seems like every college student comes back for winter break with an extreme coffee addiction. As the best friend or family member you are, you have to fuel their newfound obsession with a new coffee mug or cup to add to their collection.

5. Pins

You can easily decorate your backpack or jean jacket with a few unique pins. This 90s trend is totally making a comeback.

6. Stickers

Fill your Redbubble cart -- it's sticker time. College students decorate every surface they can possibly find with stickers of inspirational quotes, memes, and Beyonce.

7. Magazines

Without any homework to do, you can spend hours upon hours flipping through the pages of Vogue and Sports Illustrated to fill your mind with something so you're not brain-dead by the second semester.

8. Scrunchies

They're back! Scrunchies of all colors, shapes, and sizes are here to stay (and they work great as revamped fashion accessories).

9. Pencils

Yes, even pencils are a necessary evil to do work in college. Time to restock.

10. Mad Libs

Flashback to your childhood days -- a Mad Libs booklet was always stuffed into the bottom of your stocking.

11. Gift cards

Still completely lost? Gift cards = money. Broke college students need as much as they can get.

12. Candy coal

Fill an entire stocking with candy coal (or real coal if you want to be legitimate), then laugh at their reaction.

13. Anything microwavable

Ahh, microwavable food. The best of the best. Macaroni and cheese? Microwave it. Popcorn? Microwave it. Hot chocolate? Microwave it.

14. Instant coffee

No time to wait in the endless Starbucks line or wait for the Keurig to heat up? Instant. Coffee. Packets. You're welcome.

15. Candy canes

What's a stocking without at least five candy canes?

16. Headphones

You always lose your headphones somehow while away at college. You need a new pair or you simply won't be able to live.

17. Chapstick

Cold temps and snowy days come with chapped lips and dry skin. Toss a few in because everyone loses their chapstick by the third day of having it.

18. Bookmark

When college students don't have to read 50 pages of anatomy or British history, they may try reading for fun for once. Bookmarks for the win.

19. Notepad

New year, new you. Maybe you'll become organized and one of those planner people when you go back to school?

20. Coloring books

Yes, you're still an adult, but you're never too old to color.