Sticking To Your Fit Plan

Sticking to your Fit Plan

Looking to get in shape in the new year?

51
Sticking to your Fit Plan

If you're looking to get in shape during the new year, you're not alone. Sales are at their highest at any of your local gyms, they'll always be packed due to everyone longing to stick to their New Year's Resolution.

If you're reading this article, it probably means you fear losing track and quitting.

First things first, you have to remember to find something you enjoy doing. If you dread going to the gym every day, you're most likely going to stop going. You won't commit to something that makes you sad, anxious, or the slightest bit uncomfortable. It's not realistic.

You also need to think of going to the gym, (or whatever your desired exercise may be) as becoming a lifestyle. Do not wear yourself out going to the gym 7 days a week. Your body will not appreciate you! We only get one. Treat it like a temple.

Use SMART goal setting in order to stick to your perceived plan. Having a specific goal in mind, having a way to measure the goal, setting an achievable goal realistically, and putting a time deadline on it, will make you work harder. Tell those around you what you're aiming for! Keep yourself accountable. That is such a crucial part of starting a fitness journey.

Lastly, start off small. If you set these high expectations, you're going to end up being disappointed in yourself. Do what you can. Here's your reminder that everyone starts somewhere! It's okay to fail; it's okay to skip. Cut yourself some slack, but find the balance between slack and self-discipline.

With only around 7 months of consistent hard work, my whole life changed. Though going to the gym was more of a lifestyle adaptation rather than just a new year's resolution, I feel amazing. I couldn't thank myself enough for getting myself into the gym to release the endorphins, feel good about my body, and reach new goals. Nonetheless, if you have a specified goal in mind, you're more likely to achieve it.

Cheers to being active!