This past weekend, I attended one of the biggest music festivals in the world. As someone who has enjoyed concerts my whole life, I thought it would be an exciting new experience for me. It was like I was attending a concert but taking it the next level. Nothing is better to me than seeing my favorite music performed live.

My whole life, I have struggled to get out of my comfort zone. I have struggled to feel like I really fit in anywhere, no matter how many events I attend and how many people I know. This past year, especially this past summer, I have tried to live my best life and try new things even though they may be out of my comfort zone. Since I graduate next spring, I think it's extra relevant and important to try and do new things and meet new people in all aspects of life.

When I attended a concert in early July, I met some people who seemed to have a lot of things in common with me. They told me they were going to Chicago to attend the Lollapalooza music festival in August and said I should come with them. I was so hesitant at first. In the past year, I have struggled with a lot of anxiety and worry about what others think of me. It is something that I have been trying to work on. I was afraid that if I went, I would for some reason freak out and panic. But then I was like, no, I'm not going to let what is in my head and my fears and anxiety ruin something for me that has become some an important and big part of my life. I was also terrified of the fact that I didn't know these people that well, and in my head, I thought, "What if they don't like me?" But I knew I had to go because this was a chance to meet new people and create memories that I would never forget.

I kind of felt like I was "YOLOing" when I hopped on a plane this past weekend. Let me tell you, I don't think I had ever been so nervous in my whole life. Maybe I am just being dramatic, but really, I was nervous. It ended up being an awesome time, and yes, it was a weekend that I wouldn't forget. I had no regrets about going, and I got to see some of my favorite songs performed live in the middle of a huge park in the bustling city that is Chicago.

My point of this post is to encourage others like me who may be a little bit nervous about getting out of their comfort zone. But I think if you just step slowly a little bit out of your comfortable bubble, your bubble will get bigger and bigger until you are no longer feeling like you are stepping out of your comfort zone.