Dear Step-Dad, I Love You

Dear Step-Dad, I Love You

You didn't need to be there for me, but you were.

632
Dear Step-Dad, I Love You
Madison Pallente

Dear Dad,

Yes, I said Dad. Although you are not my biological father, you are my Dad. I have so many things to be thankful for ever since you entered my life and I don't know where I would be without you.

You have always been there for me- even though you didn't have to. You did not have to support me emotionally, mentally, or financially- but you did. You didn't have to take on the responsibility or obligation of raising me, but you did. If you hadn’t graciously decided to do these things, I would be so different today.

Thank you for always treating me like your little princess. Whenever I have a problem, I know I can always count on you, daddy, to help me solve it. I remember the time when I was dealing with a big heartbreak and thought that my world was ending, that you took me for a walk and we talked for hours. You may not remember that or think it meant anything to me, but it did. You always showed me and told me that it hurt you to see me hurt or upset. You will never know how grateful I am for that.

I love you more than I think you understand. I know that sometimes I can be hard to deal with…. I know I shouldn't and don't try to be. But I am sorry for that. I thank you for still loving me even when I may not act so loveable. You shouldn't have to deal with the stuff that I put you through sometimes, but I am so thankful that you do.

I know your love for me is real, genuine and it is not forced. I could be just another person to you. I am so happy that I'm not, but that I am your daughter. I am always treated as Daddy’s Little Girl.

You may not know, but I really love when you introduce me to people as your daughter. It makes me feel so special. You reaffirm to me that I belong to you. You could introduce me as your step-daughter, but you choose to say daughter. I don't know if you'll ever understand how much that means to me-- that you love me as if I were your own.

Daddy, this letter to you doesn't even begin to express my love and appreciation for you. There are over 171,000 words in the English language and I still can't find the ones that I could string together to tell you how much I love you. How much I love your hugs. How much I love your laugh. How much I love how you put up with my stupid jokes. I love that you're just a phone call away no matter what is going on. I love so many things about you, daddy, but most importantly, I love you so much. Forever and always. Thank you for changing my life for the better.

Love always,

Your daughter.