Staying Organized After Fall Break

Staying Organized After Fall Break

It's never too late to get your stuff together!

5
Staying Organized After Fall Break
my design

Fall break is easily the great escape from homework and other college responsibilities. That is, if you get everything done that you needed to before leaving for your get away. Many people go home to relax and many people take a trip. If you're taking a trip make sure you get all your homework done. I like to think of fall break as time to relax but I still worry about everything that'll need done when I get back.

I love college and I have to stay organized with everything I have going on. Between school, my internship, organizations and working, my planner is my best friend. If I didn’t go out a buy a planner I wouldn’t know what to do with my time management.

1. Staying motivated is very important when staying organized. Being able to motivate yourself is the best way to tackle a mess that you have. I always look at my assignments coming up before leaving for a weekend and make a list of what is due the week I get back.

2. Keep a planner -- My planner is my baby, it's my obsession, it's my best friend. I write in my planner daily, sometimes multiple times in one day and I always look at it in the morning, throughout the day and before going to bed. Why look at it before bed? So that the assignment due date is the last written thing I look at and it sticks in my head.

3. Are you a visual person? If so you may need a calendar that you can hang on the wall as well as your little planner buddy in your bag. I also use a whiteboard and erase the assignments when they're done. I'm a visual communication technology major so I'm all about being visual and seeing what needs to be done. Also my problem solving comes into play here by categorizing what assignments are due first and how long it'll take me to do them.

4. If you have an assignment due multiple times in one week write it down in multiple places. Your phone, your planner, your hang up planner, your white board, your refrigerator, anything! Write it down as many places as you need to keep it on your mind.

5. Always keep your planner with you. Going home for the weekend? Take it with you so that you're up to date at all times. And you never know when a teacher will change an assignment date. If you're going home over fall break you know you'll need it because all of your teachers have SOMETHING planned for the 3 day week when you come back.

6. Make yourself a schedule. Sometimes I find this helpful especially when I know I'm about to have a busy week or month. I make a schedule so that I know what I'm doing, when I'm doing it and when to take a break to eat!

7. Take care of yourself. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, you'll need like seven to ten hours each night. It'll keep you happy and refreshed all day. And don't be too hard on yourself. Remember, you can't possibly do everything no matter how much you think you can. Just do your best and do you!