Don't Start Slacking Off, Summer's Almost Here
Summer

It'll come before you know it!

319

Ah, yes. It's that time of year again. The sun is shining more than usual and the air is warmer than it has been during these past few, long, winter months. Students on every New England college campus are clearly itching for that summer warmth as they're jumping the gun wearing flip-flops, shorts, or tank tops every time the temperature gets above 55 degrees.

Even though there are barely any leaves on the trees still, trips to the beach are already back in session and sunburns are already very present.

However, with this glimpse of the closeness of summer making it quite tempting to just forget all things school and lay outside 24/7, you and I both know this isn't a feasible option.

The summer slump is beginning. I know it's so easy to just skip class one day… and then another… and then just once more to head over to the beach or sit out on the green, blowing bubbles, but we have to fight the urge to slack off.

I am fully aware that I may sound like a mother while writing this, but it is genuinely for your best interest. Because summer break is just around the corner, you know this workload won't last for very much longer. You have what it takes to make it to *most* of your classes, to continue going to the gym, and to finish up your last couple of assignments, I promise.

Just think, it will all be worth it once summer is here! No matter what year you are in school, take the summer to reflect upon all you have accomplished. You will feel so much better knowing that everything is behind you and that you completed everything to the best of your abilities.

Even if you have a summer job, internship, classes to take, or are just preparing for the real world, I can almost guarantee that the summertime will still be less stressful than how the school year may feel right now. Thus, the goal of finishing all of your assignments on time is just that much more worth it in the end.

So, try and take my advice- go to class. Do your homework. Study for your finals. The more times you say "I don't care," the more we both know that you don't truly mean it. Get yourself together and get stuff done! Summer being close is not an excuse to slack off.

I believe in you and all of your potential; you will make it to the end of the school year, and you will succeed.