The SpongeBob SquarePants Sunburn Effect
Summer

13 Feels You Have After Getting Sunburned, As Told By 'SpongeBob SquarePants'

I need water. NOW.

1129
SpongeBob SquarePants

If you've ever been sunburned, you know there are a number of feelings that go along with being lobster red.

At first, you're in shock and may even shed a few tears. Then you suffer through the burning, itching and discomfort that lasts for days. And let's not forget about the awful and disgusting skin peeling that happens when the burn finally fades.

If you're lucky, your burn turns to tan and becomes golden.

What better person to express all of the mixed emotions associated with being sunburned than SpongeBob SquarePants? After all, he's had a few painful burns himself (cringe).

Even if you've only been sunburned once in your entire life, you can totally relate these feels (and of course, to SpongeBob).

1. What have I done?

Oh, no. Not again. I am red all over. It's a sunburn.

2. It wasn’t enough sunscreen. It's never enough.

I never put on enough sunscreen. NEVER.

3. My skin. Look at my skin!

My poor skin. It's so red. Do you see it?

4. I am now Larry the Lobster.

I am now Larry the Lobster. You can call me Larry (or lobster girl).

5. Don’t look at me. Oh, the shame.

Stop staring. I know it's bad. I know.

6. IT BURNS. MY EVERYTHING BURNS.

Every inch of me burns. It hurts. It burns.

7. Give me ice, water and aloe. I need relief.

Make it stop. I need something cold.

8. Maybe if I stay very still, it won’t burn.

If I lie perfectly still, I won't notice how badly it burns.

9. I am lying on a bed of fire. Help me.

There's no use. I am on fire. This girl is on fire.

10. I just want to rip my skin off.

Can I just shed this skin and start over?

11. Why did I have to go outside? I should have stayed inside.

This would never have happened if I had just stayed inside on the couch and watched TV all day. BIG MISTAKE.

12. I blame the sun.

How dare you do this to me? Why? Why me?

13. I wonder if this burn will turn into a tan…

I better be tan after this. Look at me. I will be tan soon. Happy dance.