How To Stay Motivated This New School Year

Let's kick it into high gear this semester.

25

As a new school year begins, many of us are promising ourselves to make a 4.0 this time. It's great if you can accomplish it, but realistically only a small percent of students make a 4.0 GPA every semester. However, motivation is a huge part of making good grades. It's so easy to stay focused during the beginning of the year. But as the semester drags on, your organization goes downhill and those grades start to get sloppy. So how do you stay motivated? Here are some tips I have learned throughout my freshman year.

• Get a planner. I had to force myself to stay on top of writing down due dates and tests. Seeing it on paper rather than just online helps to really wiggle its way into your memory.
  • Make a study plan. Use said planner to plot out a study plan when important tests and papers are looming.
  • DON'T PROCRASTINATE. Procrastination is so tempting and an easy routine to fall into. But if you kick the habit as soon as possible, it'll be easier to stay in control of your work.
  • Get to know your professors. They're their to help you. Go to office hours, ask questions, and speak up in class. If you're sitting on the edge of a letter grade, the smallest things can make a difference.
  • Find study buddies. Studying in groups can be such a helpful tool. Hearing other people's thoughts on topics and ideas can be beneficial and new.
  • But don't be afraid to study alone. Some things you cannot accomplish in a group. Don't be afraid of that fourth floor in RBD.
  • And finally, stay positive. Go into classes and tests with a positive attitude, because you'll be more likely to succeed and maybe even enjoy the class.